PDA

View Full Version : Settling In Baby

Binney
03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Hi there,

Just a question about settling in. My clients so far have all been last minute sign ups - contracts on Sunday starting Monday types.

I have a new baby starting (9 months) and I'm able to settle her in properly which is great. But not sure where to start..?

She'll eventually be coming three days a week from mid-august. I figured a short session or two with mummy, another session or two when mummy leaves half way through and then a few sessions with no mummy?

Really not sure. Any tips?

Thanks!

Bumble Beez
03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi there,

Just a question about settling in. My clients so far have all been last minute sign ups - contracts on Sunday starting Monday types.

I have a new baby starting (9 months) and I'm able to settle her in properly which is great. But not sure where to start..?

She'll eventually be coming three days a week from mid-august. I figured a short session or two with mummy, another session or two when mummy leaves half way through and then a few sessions with no mummy?

Really not sure. Any tips?

Thanks!

That is generally what I do...
First couple of sessions with mum there...about an hr each time.
Next time mum settles LO in for ten mins and then goes...returning in about half hour or an hour.
Then I lengthen the time that mum stays away each time...
I make sure I have an all about me type form filled in so you've got a heads up on where the child is at etc and also try and take the time to 'tune in' to the baby.
This seems to work for me :)

Sarah x

adedwards68
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
I think it also depends on the child. Some are happy for mum to go straight away and others take a little longer. Mum normally knows. Sometimes I think settling in sessions are more beneficial to the mum as they are the ones who find it hard.

jellytots2912
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I took my new baby out a once a week for a few weeks so she got used to me x she has settled in fab and is eager to come in when mum arrives x

AgentTink
03-08-2013, 02:37 PM
i would recommend one settling in session over lunch were mum feeds the baby so that you can see the rountine and what works.

sarah707
03-08-2013, 03:44 PM
I offer 2 x 1 hour settling in sessions free - and as many more as parents want charged at my normal hourly rate.

I do ask for 1 over a meal time so I can check baby will take milk from me.

I also suggest you reserve the right to extend the settling in period just in case there are any problems with baby settling with you.

Hope it all goes well! :D

Binney
10-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the excellent advise! Baby started settling in this week and going very well so far. Thanks again, much appreciated!