PDA

View Full Version : My first sick child today

Mollymop
10-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Little M - who i have only been minding for the past 3 -4 weeks has just thrown up all over the settee - luckily it is leather so easy to clean.

I am right in asking the mum not to bring her in tomorrow aren't I?

Darren said to let the mum decide if she is better tomorrow but my friend who lives next door but one and an ex-childminder told me to tell her mum not to bring her in even if she is brighter tomorrow.

I know she is right.

Bless her, she has gone to sleep now - I have left her mum a message as no answer on her mobile. She picks her up at 12.30 so I can wait.

But it is heart breaking to see them be sick and cry and want their mum isn't it?

Well, while I was writing this her mum phoned me back and I told her I can't have her tomorrow and she was all quiet and said "oh right!" Sort of stressed so I explained the reasons why. I just can't have her can i

berkschick
10-07-2008, 10:41 AM
My sickness policy states that they should be kept off for 48 hours from the last bout of sickness.

You def cant have her tomorrow. There is a REALLY nasty bug going about, I had it Sunday/Monday and still feel pants.

You have to think of you and your family. If you catch it, you will loose money too :panic:

I hope she feels better soon though.

Dont let Mum stress you out, its not your fault that their child is poorly!

sarah707
10-07-2008, 11:39 AM
It's 48 hour exclusion ... stick to your guns!

I had the bug last week and I felt rough for nearly the whole week.

Poor little one... I hate it when they are sad and ill as well :(

littletreasures
10-07-2008, 11:54 AM
You shouldn't have her tomorrow. She might still be being sick today and during the night.

48 hours from the last time she was sick.

littletreasures

Mollymop
10-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks,

Yeah mum came and took her from me while she was still sleeping.

She said" I bet she'll be as right as rain now she's had a sleep"

Anyway, she asked me if she still hs to pay for her to be off tomorrow which I said yes. She didn't have any disagreements about it, so hopefully, it's all sorted now.

foxy lady
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
well done its really hard to do you have to be strong.
i had had to tell the paerents a fewtimes now but i still find it hard.
the thing i remind myself is that the nurseries wouldnt take them

lolatallulah
10-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi! That's right you shouldn't have her tommorrow.
It always makes me uncomfortable when discussing pay with parents - i have 1 mum who always has to double check what the fees are going to be for holidays / sick days even though she has a contract which clearly states all those things and has been using my services for donkeys years now.
I know she's probably only asking to be sure she pays me right (although she is the sort of mum who likes to get her moneys worth - won't come early to get child even when she has the chance ) but still I sometimes wonder if she may be waiting for me to say i'll let her off the fees.