PDA

View Full Version : I hate goodbyes

shortstuff
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
I have just had to say goodbye to a mindee who I called my little princess :(

I was good and stayed smiley until I had closed the front door. Then I came in and had a good weep.

DS thinks it hilarious that mummy cries cause I didnt cry when the other one went last week lol :crying:

clareelizabeth1
02-08-2013, 05:41 PM
It's so hard isn't it there are just some you get attached to.

shortstuff
02-08-2013, 05:42 PM
I agree and shes only been here 6 months too x

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Bless you its hard when you get attached to them :(

Jexer72
02-08-2013, 08:01 PM
This was me 2 months ago when I said goodbye to my first mindee. I had had her for 12 months and she (and her family) were the best I could've wished for as my first experience of being a childminder. Saying goodbye was hard but like you, I kept my professional face on until the door closed and then bawled. Definitely, without doubt, the worst part of this job. :group hug:

winstonian
02-08-2013, 08:39 PM
I've said goodbye to a well loved lo tonight. We have had a lovely day to finish off and I was ok until mum turned up with chocs and a lovely card, then we both cried :( I've had him since he was 10 months, now he is 27 months. Mum and dad have split and she needs to move and has found someone who will work 6am -8pm for her (shes a nurse). So going to miss him :(

The Juggler
02-08-2013, 08:49 PM
oh bless you honey. i said goodbye to loads this summer. most I was ok as I will see them most days (live round the corner, pass me all the time, LO's at same school I will be working at) the others - so hard and they are leaving the country early next year :(:panic:

shortstuff
02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
This lo doesnt live near me at all but dad worked nearby. Mum n dad have split so poor little thing has lost dad and her friends here along with me all in a week. I felt really bad x

Karen Unsworth
02-08-2013, 09:39 PM
I have just finished working as a nanny and had to say goodbye to the family I worked for full time for the past 3 years. It was heartbreaking as they are moving back to America and I won't see them again. I hate that part of the job. It's so hard. My professional head didn't last until I had gone unfortunately, I did cry when I cuddled them goodbye. My son is going to miss them lots too.
Now I'm starting childminding so a whole new start for me!!!