PDA

View Full Version : Kids packing their own suitcases!!

adedwards68
02-08-2013, 02:24 PM
This made me laugh. My 7 year old has packed his case ready for a 2 week holiday. Not one item of clothing except for a pair of shoes. Lol

Bumble Beez
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
I love it...that's the type of bag my eight year old would pack!!
I love that he's got his priorities in order...DVD's, trainers and golf set...what more could he need?!

Sarah x

Samijanec
02-08-2013, 03:10 PM
I love it...that's the type of bag my eight year old would pack!!
I love that he's got his priorities in order...DVD's, trainers and golf set...what more could he need?!

Sarah x

It's the kind of bag my hubby would pack... :D:D

charlottenash
02-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Super cute!

smurfette
02-08-2013, 03:19 PM
A friends Ds was told to pack for three nights away. He is 12 and very touchy at the mo so had a meltdown when mum wanted to check what he had packed and insisted he had everything he needed.. When she finally got it open all it had was his dads dressing gown which he has taken to wearing in the house! Not a pair of pants, change of clothes, tooth brush or anything!!

Mrsh3103
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
I can't let my ds pack his own bag. God knows what he would take! He stayed at my mums a few weeks ago & she said you can bring whatever you think you'll need. He had a complete fit when I told him he couldn't possibly take his wardrobe!
Kids are so funny

tulip0803
02-08-2013, 04:43 PM
My 9 yo dd packed her own bag to go to my sister's for the feb half term - she did really well except for the lack of underwear and the fact that every item of clothing was summer wear:rolleyes:

Anacrusis
02-08-2013, 05:19 PM
My dd once went on a sleepover with a bag full of soft toys and nothing else!! I carried on letting her pack her own bag & she got there eventually... :laughing:

The Juggler
02-08-2013, 08:59 PM
This made me laugh. My 7 year old has packed his case ready for a 2 week holiday. Not one item of clothing except for a pair of shoes. Lol

sounds about right - books, stickers and soft toys - some pencils - and a hairbrush if you are lucky - my dd is 11:laughing:

blue bear
02-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Why would he need clothes, he's going on holiday that means no chores, especially the getting washed and changed chores :laughing::laughing:

little chickee
03-08-2013, 08:48 AM
It doesn't change as they get older.
My 13 yo son packs his bag for a week long Scout camp - i check that he has a complete change of clothes for every day.

He comes home 8 days later and has changed his clothes twice maybe!!

twiggy
03-08-2013, 09:52 AM
My daughter is 10yrs old and likes to pack her own suitcase but has a habit of not packing enough resulting in a trip to the shops whilst we are away to buy a new outfit. She is very clever!

adedwards68
03-08-2013, 11:08 AM
My daughter is 10yrs old and likes to pack her own suitcase but has a habit of not packing enough resulting in a trip to the shops whilst we are away to buy a new outfit. She is very clever!

Mmm, I might use that one myself! Lol

Chimps Childminding
03-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Ah bless him, obviously doesn't plan on being bored!!! Clothes??? That's what your suitcase is for :D

clareelizabeth1
03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm packing for a few days away and slightly depressed at how much of my bag is full of toys/sleeping/eating things for DS let alone his bag. Gone are the days that I pack cool things for me. Although by the sounds of it DS will be packing a few cool things once he's big enough.

The Juggler
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
It doesn't change as they get older.
My 13 yo son packs his bag for a week long Scout camp - i check that he has a complete change of clothes for every day.

He comes home 8 days later and has changed his clothes twice maybe!!

:laughing: my ds went recently for a 3 day weekend- was told needed 8 changes of clothes and underwear as it was wateractivities. off we go for new undies so he has enough.

Well he came back having worn ALL the clothes he took as they got soaking wet but had not changed his boxers even once :panic::laughing: surprised he didn't get nappy rash!

Petshrinklj
03-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Ha ha I put a photo on Facebook the other day of my daughters suitcase. She's two and packed all soft toys and her doorsign with her name on it lol.

clareelizabeth1
03-08-2013, 10:26 PM
:laughing: my ds went recently for a 3 day weekend- was told needed 8 changes of clothes and underwear as it was wateractivities. off we go for new undies so he has enough.

Well he came back having worn ALL the clothes he took as they got soaking wet but had not changed his boxers even once :panic::laughing: surprised he didn't get nappy rash!

That just sounds painful you always need dry pants. Typical boy though. My brothers only ever changed boxers when my mum told them. They used to be bought different patterns as well so she would know