PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to do this.........

KaicosMummy
02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I have been minding a little girl for three years and she is going to school in september, family are moving on monday to a different area, about half hour drive away but dad will still be working near me. So here is the thing, they are saying they would still like holiday care on a monday and a friday, I have no reason to disbelieve them but sometimes they are a little unorganised, should I take money for octobers half term at the end of the summer holidays and say this is to secure the place for holiday care, I dont want them to think I dont trust them or take them at their word, its just there are a lot of enquiries coming in at the moment and I am turning them doen because it would take me over my numbers on these two days during school holidays, which I dont mind as I adore my mindee and love having her. I just feel if they end up not using holiday care I will be gutted at turning others down. How does everybody else deal with holiday care and payments? X

EmmaReed84
02-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I would do exactly as you said.

It is not that you "don't trust them" it is to "secure their place"

Explain that with out that money to hold it you cannot guarantee that a space will be available.

Stapleton83
02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't think you are being unreasonable I think you could say to guarantee the days and go on to explain that you have had a number of enquiries and don't want to find that you can't accommodate them.

Good luck.

Sam x

Samijanec
02-08-2013, 04:27 PM
I'd do what you're suggesting, it's not about miss trust, it's about securing the place..