PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for leaving book

TooEarlyForGin?
02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I would like to give a book to one of my leavers. She is 4, very bright, and ready for school (driving me nuts).

Have any of you ladies got a nice idea for a "classic" type book which she can look and now but will be nice for her to read when she is a bit older.

TIA

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Alice in Wonderland
Any of the Roald Dahl one
Any of the classic fairytale but the classic ones can be a bit gruesome.
Winnie the Pooh
The Cat in the Hat.

clareelizabeth1
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Barre Rabbit by Enid Blyton

Just given it to an about to go to school girl who is also really school ready. It has now been read four times according to her parents

Bumble Beez
02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Any Dr Seuss books...they're always a good choice ;)

Sarah x

The Juggler
02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
I would like to give a book to one of my leavers. She is 4, very bright, and ready for school (driving me nuts).

Have any of you ladies got a nice idea for a "classic" type book which she can look and now but will be nice for her to read when she is a bit older.

TIA

ooh, how old, young ageish - what about a Jacqueline Wilson - they are fab. Or more classic, classic, Pollyana, Wizard of Oz, Little Chalet School, Famous Five ??

blue bear
02-08-2013, 09:51 PM
How about a personlised story with the child in it.

Http://www.gonedigging.co.uk/unusual-childrens-gifts/personalised-childrens-books/

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 09:58 PM
ooh, how old, young ageish - what about a Jacqueline Wilson - they are fab. Or more classic, classic, Pollyana, Wizard of Oz, Little Chalet School, Famous Five ??

Chalet school books I loved those books still have some :-)

loocyloo
02-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Chalet school books I loved those books still have some :-)

me too!

kept lots of them, alongside all my famous fives/malory towers/st clairs. trying to get my children into famous five or ' castle/sea/island etc of adventure ' books and neither are interested! :(

TooEarlyForGin?
04-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Thank you, some lovely ideas.

The Juggler
04-08-2013, 10:17 AM
me too!

kept lots of them, alongside all my famous fives/malory towers/st clairs. trying to get my children into famous five or ' castle/sea/island etc of adventure ' books and neither are interested! :(

lol me and my sisters were rivals, I had the chalet school and she had malory towers - we had the whole collection :laughing:

FussyElmo
04-08-2013, 10:29 AM
me too!

What about the mystery books as well - the mystery of the hidden house etc.

I had the Trebizon books by Anne Digby as well as the Dimsie books as well by Dorita Fairlie Bruce.

Cant get my kids into them :(

Also my friend lent me the Press Gang books but dd wasn't interested. I loved that series with Dexter Fletcher and Julia Sawalha.