PDA

View Full Version : Decluttering again - why is it I am never happy?

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Im always trying to move all the storage around to get more space.

Got rid of the plastic storage in the dining room for some wooden out of the the girls room.

Now looking at the under the stairs area as it would be a lovely cosy corner/communication space if I can find somewhere for the castle and ottoman.

Will I ever be content - maybe a bigger house but then I would just fill it :laughing::laughing:

Bumble Beez
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm with you Fussy...I rearrange, I declutter, I buy new storage units only to move them somewhere completely different a few weeks later.

My eldest often appears midway through my clear up process and has started saying 'oh mum...having a little move around again?' My poor DH can never find anything and has been known to yell at the top of his voice when he goes to get something and its not there lol!! Whoops...
I've always been the same tho so should be no surprise...

I think bigger house would help, although I'm sure I would fill that and then the struggle would start all over again!

Sarah x

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 11:35 AM
The castle and ottoman are now moved :thumbsup:

Just to find somewhere for the easel and I would have a total toy free hall.

Mmm desperately looking for some more space :D

Bumble Beez
02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
I need more space too...am desperate for a garage conversion just so I can fill it with more stuff!!
Que evil laugh...hahahahahahaha :laughing:

Sarah x

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I need more space too...am desperate for a garage conversion just so I can fill it with more stuff!!
Que evil laugh...hahahahahahaha :laughing:

Sarah x

Well we have a bit of land next to the house. I want a two storey extension building so I can have a big living room/shower room downstairs. The living room now would be knocked through to make a big kitchen diner with an island. The dining room would be a playroom.

Upstairs I would have 2 more bedrooms and then put stairs upto the loft (sacrificing the boxroom) and make a master suite.

Oh yes just need the lottery win to do it :D

The Juggler
02-08-2013, 01:13 PM
lol - you are like me - what have I done with the space in the kitchen I cleared last week - bought a big new fridge to fill the space. :laughing:

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I really need a range cooker but it would mean getting rid of 2 cupboards and there is no way in this world I have room for the stuff in there :(

Totally clutter free hall at the minute will make a cracking cosy corner/communication space when I start back work :D

oxfordshirecm
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE="

will make a cracking cosy corner/communication space when I start back work :D[/QUOTE]

I would love a cupboard under the stair to do this- they look so good

singingcactus
02-08-2013, 02:08 PM
I think I have it cracked, assuming we don't get posted next week. I am going to buy a summer house (okay, it's true the summer house will be almost as big as the yard) then I will have an extra room purely for chikdcare. The paints will be there, the walls will be covered in art, and hotwheels wall whizzy things (forgotten their name) etc, there will be train track/dino track all around the floor edge by the walls, there will be a little porch for water play, a stereo for music and it will be an all weather class/playroom. We'll use it in the mornings, as well as the yard (what is left of it), then into the house and those toys inside for quiet play in the pm, then back out after school.
Those toys that just fester in storage, taking up space in the back of cupboards etc will be always accessible this way, so I won't need to keep buying new stuff and making the clutter worse.
It's foolproof, right? :D

I think that part of our 'clutter' problem is we don't like having resources out of commission, so we are constantly trying to work out how to have everything out whilst keeping it looking minimilist. It basically means we will NEVER be satisfied lol. Just accept that you will always be striving for the impossible and enjoy the ride lol.

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 06:16 PM
I think I have it cracked, assuming we don't get posted next week. I am going to buy a summer house (okay, it's true the summer house will be almost as big as the yard) then I will have an extra room purely for chikdcare. The paints will be there, the walls will be covered in art, and hotwheels wall whizzy things (forgotten their name) etc, there will be train track/dino track all around the floor edge by the walls, there will be a little porch for water play, a stereo for music and it will be an all weather class/playroom. We'll use it in the mornings, as well as the yard (what is left of it), then into the house and those toys inside for quiet play in the pm, then back out after school.
Those toys that just fester in storage, taking up space in the back of cupboards etc will be always accessible this way, so I won't need to keep buying new stuff and making the clutter worse.
It's foolproof, right? :D

I think that part of our 'clutter' problem is we don't like having resources out of commission, so we are constantly trying to work out how to have everything out whilst keeping it looking minimilist. It basically means we will NEVER be satisfied lol. Just accept that you will always be striving for the impossible and enjoy the ride lol.

I think that is the problem that really im minimalistic at heart and all this clutter is driving me mad :-)

But with 4 children of my own it really isn't happening unless that lottery win happens :laughing::laughing:

maisiemog
02-08-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm getting good at decluttering! My husbands one condition on my continuing to mind is that put house can't look like a nursery. The only toys we are allowed to be able to see when I'm not minding are DDs current faves. So now I have downsized on toys and brought a few waterproof boxes that live in the shed and rotate what is in the cupboard and on the shelves!

And after spending months decorating my lounge and dining room there is no way I am undoing all that hard work and letting the clutter come back when it looks so pretty now!

miffy
02-08-2013, 08:30 PM
A bigger house is not the answer - trust me you would just fill it with even more childminding stuff! :D

When my boys moved out I thought great more space - now I've filled it and if they ever wanted to move back in there wouldn't be room anyway! :laughing:

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 08:42 PM
A bigger house is not the answer - trust me you would just fill it with even more childminding stuff! :D

When my boys moved out I thought great more space - now I've filled it and if they ever wanted to move back in there wouldn't be room anyway! :laughing:

Miffy xx

I know Miffy when I lived in a 2 bedroomed terrace I had so much more space because I didn't think I could keep fitting things in :thumbsup: