PDA

View Full Version : In the process of registering

elaine29
02-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi all, I'm in the process of becoming a registered childminder and I am awaiting a date for my first visit. I am quite nervous about the type of questions they will ask and what they'r are looking for from me. I have been a carer all my life looking after terminally ill children as well as the elderly and people with various disabilities, so this is a bit of change in direction for me. Any tips, information and help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

FussyElmo
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi all, I'm in the process of becoming a registered childminder and I am awaiting a date for my first visit. I am quite nervous about the type of questions they will ask and what they'r are looking for from me. I have been a carer all my life looking after terminally ill children as well as the elderly and people with various disabilities, so this is a bit of change in direction for me. Any tips, information and help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

Good luck. Bumping for you so one of our Scottish members will hopefully see this post and comment :D

sprinkles
02-08-2013, 09:55 PM
I had my visit back in February. She just went over my polices and procedures with me, asked a few questions like why I want to be a childminder etc and then had a walk round the rooms I would be using. She just pointed out things I needed to do before my registration would be granted (like get a fire guard). At this point I didn't even have any toys etc as I didn't see the point until I knew ages of children I would be having. She just told me to email her confirming I had either got some resources or was looking for some (she didn't need evidence so I could well have lied). I didn't have anything in place - I had stair gates etc but didn't see the point in putting them in place until children start - but told her what I would do before they started and she was fine with that.

If you need anything else just give me a shout :)

adedwards68
03-08-2013, 06:18 AM
If you fill out the pre reg visits questions, download from ofsted, that covers most of what they'll ask you. And as already said you don't need any equipment in place but just to know what you would need. I went around my house risk assessing what I thought I needed, wrote us down so that they could see what I had thought of. I had all my policies/procedures but they didn't even look at them

sarah707
03-08-2013, 03:50 PM
You need to read through your national standards and the education information - it will tell you what you need to know!

I think this is the latest link - Early education and childcare up to the age of 16 - Early education and childcare up to the age of 16 (http://www.nationalcarestandards.org/213.html)

Good luck! :clapping:

Rachel M
03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
I found a place to get answers for your reference on the whole course, they have passed completed coursework assignments (http://www.vividhometraining.com), hope it helps:)

Vividhometraining.com (http://www.vividhometraining.com/products/cypop-5-cache-level-3-childminding-completed-course-work-download/)

elaine29
05-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Thanks very much for all your help. I think I'm as ready as can be so fingers crossed! X