PDA

View Full Version : What a mixed week...

karensmart4
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Well 2/3 things really ,one is 80% of our parents are teachers or TA's so are tto and we are really quiet in the holidays anyway we had a few enquiries for holiday only care, great thinks I ... one of the parents came, looked around signed paperwork, we agreed weekly payments at the begining of each week.. Monday came, she said he's not well and if he gets ill it usually lasts a week, I text on thurs eve (booked in for mon and fri's) to ask if he's in the next day, mum said no he ended up with a chest infection. Mon morning I got up at 6.30 got everything ready... 10am I call her and ask if he's coming in, she said no as his imune system is low and she doesn't want him mixing with other children, I said ok I hope he's feeling much better soon and sorry to ask but can she pop the outstanding fee's round.... she said, no I don't see why I should pay if he's never been to you, where I replied that I had held the space for him and she signed contracts.... well anyway she has stopped answering my calls and ignoring my text messages (nice friendly ones).... prob never see that money!!

And the other thing on the plus side to my week I have had 3 seperate visits from ex mindee's, they were passing and insisted that they come and see Karen, so I've had a lovely time seeing them and their parents. PLUS I had 2 children leave to move on to school and I have signed 2 new children for all year round care:jump for joy:

Bluebell
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
aww what a shame about the money - seems like they weren't going to be very reliable anyway if they didn;t even bother telling you he was too poorly to come. it would have ruined your summer waiting round for them to turn up!

Lovely about your visiting mindees! and about your new year round mindees - i was just wishing i could get all TTO ones and have the holidays off!!

shortstuff
01-08-2013, 09:03 PM
how nice that previous mindees called in x

sorry to hear you are being messed around x

Mouse
01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
How annoying for you. When I do holiday cover now I get the money up front, before they can even book a space. If they don't pay, I don't hold the space. I've had too many parents over the years who said they wanted holiday care, then just didn't turn up.

At least you week has been brightened up by your visiting ex-mindees. It's always nice when they pop in for a visit :D

miffy
01-08-2013, 09:41 PM
How annoying for you. When I do holiday cover now I get the money up front, before they can even book a space. If they don't pay, I don't hold the space.

That's what I would do too. Still, it sounds like you've had a lucky escape this one would probably have been a pain.

It's lovely that your ex mindees came to visit and great news about your new signings.:(

Miffy xx

donna porter
02-08-2013, 08:44 AM
I love hearing from ex mindees :-) so annoying about that money!!

oxfordshirecm
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Do you think she had any intention of using u? Do you think she could of just wanted to get ur Ofsted number to claim tax credits? Might be me becoming too cynical lol

Samijanec
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Ohh dear what a nightmare.. :(