PDA

View Full Version : Confused regarding EY2 application

Straws
01-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi all, my son has just turned 16, sent off ey2 for CRB got confirmation from Ofsted that they had got it, and also confirmed they will write regarding suitability, also enclosed was information regarding DBS to apply online and pay £52... have I got to pay £52 for this new DBS check :panic:

thanks sharon

madredann
01-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Im afraid so :(

FussyElmo
01-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Yes the government withdraw the subsidy for the dbs checks so any new ones have to be paid for.

sarah707
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Hopefully he's got a passport or it's even more complicated :(

Hugs xx

madredann
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
none of my children have passports and im not getting them just for proof of Id they are discriminating people that holiday in this country lol x

sarah707
01-08-2013, 05:22 PM
none of my children have passports and im not getting them just for proof of Id they are discriminating people that holiday in this country lol x

A member has been really struggling with her child's DBS because her child doesn't have a passport :(

She has been told that her child is not a suitable person and they might shut her down - because she can't provide enough of the other ID for a 16 year old - that's why I suggested it I wasn't in any way being discriminatory xx

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/just-members/118674-ofsted-crb-check-16-yo-dd-getting-really-cross-long.html

madredann
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
It was a joke Sarah and it was aimed at Ofsted not you :) and if they did that to me I would be thinking of taking legal action because that is ridiculous !

madredann
01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
And where did the National Insurance number option disappear to they really havent thought about options for children turning 16 have they ! and I apologise for making a joke as this has abviously been a stressful situation for the member that is struggling x

Anacrusis
01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Blimey £52!! I just had a letter from Ofsted saying that there'll be a "small" charge... my ds is 16 soon so I'll have to pay this too I expect.

teacakepenguin
01-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm really annoyed as I sent a dbs in for my other half as he was in the process of moving in, and ofsted didn't want to have him checked even though I said to them that he was staying here overnight roughly half the time. They weren't interested until he was actually officially living here. And he officially moved in 1 July. Grrrr :mad:

Straws
02-08-2013, 07:49 AM
cant even send paper versions in no more has to be done online Ofsted DBS Application - Step One (http://ofsteddbsapplication.co.uk/Step-One)
:mad:

The Juggler
02-08-2013, 08:26 AM
it is bonkers that a birth certficate and NI number are not enough proof of idea. passports cost a fortune so unless you travel there is no point in having one - especially a child's - they need renewing every 5 years :panic:

i just had to pay £55 for my dbs at uni for my teacher training post- despite the school who wil be employing me ALSO doing a separate DBS. I paid last month. drove to uni on wed - my NI bill was 4 months old - not enough proof i was told. I drive back again yesterday with something else - to be told they changed their mind a few months ago and for the training scheme I am doing no longer requires a separate uni DBS :angry:

I had to have driving licence, passport, birth certificate OR utility bill or HMRC docs less than 3 months old. How will a child have any sort of utility bill. What about a child benefit statement hon, with your son's name on it??