PDA

View Full Version : Overnight guests

Newtochildcare
01-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi,

I'm a tad confused about the requirements for overnight guests. I intend to childmind Monday - Fri, during the day. If I had guests staying at the weekend, my parents for example, would they need to apply for a DBS check? Also, how about if I had anyone stay over during the week, when I was, essentially, working? Not that I have any intentions to do so, just thought I'd ask, while I had your attention! :laughing:

Thanks xx

Mrsh3103
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I think the person has to staying with you continuously for about 1 month before you need a DBS check. You just need to make sure you don't leave them alone with minded children at any time.
It would be polite to tell mindees parents if you were having guests over night during the week but at the weekends it's your house & absolutely none of their business who you have staying :)

butterfly
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Occasional guests do not need a DBS check however it would be good practice to have them sign in your visitors book and they must NEVER be left unattended with any mindees.

clareelizabeth1
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I had my Gran stay for just under a month and OFSTED didn't want to know. They said as long as children were not left alone i didn't need to and the check would take longer than her visit.

It was an emergency visit as she had an operation.

suzyjane73
01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
My family come and stay the weekend sometimes and usually arrive on a Friday afternoon while I am still working, I have never left them alone with the kids and I will not be asking my own mother to sign a visitors book in my house, she would either laugh at the idea or be deeply offended. I always tell the mindees parents if I am expecting visitors and nobody has objected yet.