PDA

View Full Version : Another fees question

sprinkles
31-07-2013, 06:58 PM
It would seem my bus has arrived again - 3 enquiries this week so far! This time it's for 2 children, one before school only (which I charge enhanced rate plus minimum session of 2 hours) and the other before and after nursery. It's term time only - how would you charge? Would you charge full fees while youngest is at nursery then half fee retainer in holidays? And then just charge for eldest for the minimum 2 hours term time only?

Bumble Beez
31-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Wow...busy phone at your house!!
Anyway...I would probably offer a few options...

1: hourly fee higher than usual and no holiday retainer...
2: usual hourly fee and 50% retainer...
3: or option 1, worked out pro rata so there is no break in payments for you...

My tto have no retainer as I have families who require just holiday care also :)

Sarah x

sprinkles
31-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Wow...busy phone at your house!!
Anyway...I would probably offer a few options...

1: hourly fee higher than usual and no holiday retainer...
2: usual hourly fee and 50% retainer...
3: or option 1, worked out pro rata so there is no break in payments for you...

My tto have no retainer as I have families who require just holiday care also :)

Sarah x

This is what I was thinking...charge retainer so they can use it if needed but then if I had someone else needing holiday only and would no longer have space for them in holidays then I'd stop charging retainer?

Would you charge full fee for the hours little one is at nursery too?

Bumble Beez
31-07-2013, 07:35 PM
I would because you'll be hard pushed to find a LO who needs just those 3 hrs...plus what if nursery was shut or had an emergency...bet mum would want you to be o hand to collect if needed.
So yes, full fee charged when LO at nursery x

Sarah x

sprinkles
31-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks Sarah - I have that in my fees policy but wanted to double check!

Would you only charge the eldest for term time? It's only 2 hours per day so not sure if any point in taking retainer?

Bumble Beez
31-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Hmmm...probably just do the 2 hours tto but kind of need to be consistent esp if you do a retainer for younger one.
Depends on what option you and mum decide to go for...the 2 hour charge would only be 1 hr a day for retainer, so tbh it's not going to be a lot anyway.
Decide on option first, then go from there x

Sarah x

sprinkles
31-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Hmmm...probably just do the 2 hours tto but kind of need to be consistent esp if you do a retainer for younger one.
Depends on what option you and mum decide to go for...the 2 hour charge would only be 1 hr a day for retainer, so tbh it's not going to be a lot anyway.
Decide on option first, then go from there x

Sarah x

Ok, I've told her £20 per session for youngest and enhanced rate for 2 hours minimum for eldest with a retainer of £1.85 per day for eldest lol! Given her option of normal session fee then retainer or averaged out over the year for the youngest! Can't take both of these on though lol