PDA

View Full Version : Peer to peer programme boosts EY practice

Simona
31-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Well it did not take a genius to work that out!!

Peer support in my view is the perfect answer to agencies and indeed many cms have suggested anetwork for all based on peer support under LA's guidance ...do you agree?

Peer to peer programme boosts early years practice | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1193408/peer-peer-programme-boosts-early-years-practice)

CLL
31-07-2013, 02:30 PM
We have mentors in Newcastle, you are not given one automatically but you can request one.

Bumble Beez
31-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm with you Simona...I'm surprised its taken this long to suggest it tbh!
We used to have support minders when I first started minding eight years ago but it all stopped...would be a great to have peer support in local areas.

Sarah x

lilac_dragon
31-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I agree completely.
I was a support worker to new Childminders for 20 years, then the DO phoned me and said they were now paying someone to do it so would I stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was gobsmacked, but told her I've never approached anyone to offer this, they've always contacted me, and if anyone contacts me I won't turn them away.
She wasn't best pleased, but obviously couldn't do anything to stop me.
The scheme lasted 6 months and they withdrew the funding.LOL

rosebud
31-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I have just been recruited for the new Peer to Peer support programme starting in my LA in September. Not sure where the money's come from but they said they wanted to put childminding in line with schools and nurseries where similar programmes are already running. It seems the same as the support childminder scheme which was scrapped two years ago but we'll be supporting childminders who have had a satisfactory inspection as well as new childminders. Its running until March and then after that: "If funding is available"!

Bumble Beez
31-07-2013, 06:42 PM
I have just been recruited for the new Peer to Peer support programme starting in my LA in September. Not sure where the money's come from but they said they wanted to put childminding in line with schools and nurseries where similar programmes are already running. It seems the same as the support childminder scheme which was scrapped two years ago but we'll be supporting childminders who have had a satisfactory inspection as well as new childminders. Its running until March and then after that: "If funding is available"!

Interesting...I think it'll be great personally but just hope the funding continues...

Sarah x