PDA

View Full Version : Working out fees over the year

kellyskidz!
31-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Help! I have a visit for a child who wants TTO pick ups after school for 2 hours per day
How do I work this out??
Do I charge a slightly higher rate than normal to cover school hols when she won't be in?
Or do I just not charge at all but lose out in the hols?
I know its ultimately up to me but I was interested to see what everyone else does re Term Time only fees?xx

EmmaReed84
31-07-2013, 09:22 AM
TTO contracts with no retainer fee for holidays are charged at £4.25.

TTO contracts with a 50% retainer fee for holidays are charged at £4.00

mrs c
31-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Childminders in my area charge £5 per hour for afterschool (our basic rate for fulltime hours is £4 per hour). We charge half fee during the holiday periods.

kellyskidz!
31-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Yep think I'm going to do that, keep it simple
£8 per day in term time and £4 per day in hols
Do we do this in the 6 week hols, she won't be in at all and I doubt anyone would want just 6 weeks care so I would be losing money if I didn't charge but 6 weeks seems a long time to get paid for not minding xx

Mouse
31-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Yep think I'm going to do that, keep it simple
£8 per day in term time and £4 per day in hols
Do we do this in the 6 week hols, she won't be in at all and I doubt anyone would want just 6 weeks care so I would be losing money if I didn't charge but 6 weeks seems a long time to get paid for not minding xx

What you could do is work out the full fee over the year & set a daily fee at that rate.

So, if the child came to you 5 days a week at £8 a day, that's £40 a week. For me, I take 4 weeks unpaid holiday a year, so parents pay for 48 weeks. At your rates, that would be £1920 a year (£40x48) . If you want to do that over 38 term weeks, it would be approx £50 a week, or £10 a day (£1920/38).

If you charged parents £10 a day instead of £8, you don't need to charge them anything during the holidays. They think they're getting a good deal and you're still getting the same amount of money over a year.

Then, if someone else came along wanting holiday cover, you could do it :thumbsup:

If you don't want to be without any income from this child over the hols, you'd have to put £2 each day away to cover the times when they don't pay you.

kellyskidz!
31-07-2013, 10:13 AM
What you could do is work out the full fee over the year & set a daily fee at that rate.

So, if the child came to you 5 days a week at £8 a day, that's £40 a week. For me, I take 4 weeks unpaid holiday a year, so parents pay for 48 weeks. At your rates, that would be £1920 a year (£40x48) . If you want to do that over 38 term weeks, it would be approx £50 a week, or £10 a day (£1920/38).

If you charged parents £10 a day instead of £8, you don't need to charge them anything during the holidays. They think they're getting a good deal and you're still getting the same amount of money over a year.

Then, if someone else came along wanting holiday cover, you could do it :thumbsup:

If you don't want to be without any income from this child over the hols, you'd have to put £2 each day away to cover the times when they don't pay you.

See this makes a lot of sense to me now.
I'm so bad at fees, throw me the eyfs, a sick child, bad behaviour, funny parents- I can cope but ask me to work fees out and I'm lost!
So could I give parent a choice,
You can either pay £10 per day TTO or pay £40 per week TTO and the £20 per week (half fee) during the holidays
Because then either way I'm not really losing out
And if they chose the £10 per day, I could still cover holiday care like you said xx