PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone keep everything

munch149
30-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I have too much stuff I'm sure. I have a playroom but its always so cluttered where does everyone keep everything. I have expedit furniture 24 boxes worth that takes up alot of room and every box is full. I have stuff on top of the cabinets. My triple buggy is under the stairs, double and single normally in car. I have 3 toddler carseats and 2 booster seats. Keep some in car some in playroom. I have 2 travel cots as well as loads of toys. Oh and lots of arts and crafts stuff in two kitchen cupboards. Would love to downsize but can't bear to part with anything as I might need it

clareelizabeth1
30-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Looking around my play room im fairly certain I keep everything on the floor.

munch149
30-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Sounds familiar I try so hard to keep it tidy but there is just too much stuff

Bumble Beez
30-07-2013, 03:24 PM

Lol!! That was going to be my answer too...THE FLOOR!!

Sarah x

Bumble Beez
30-07-2013, 03:27 PM
I know how you feel...I haven't got a dedicated play room so I'm even more stressy about stuff being out. I have numerous storage units, boxes, baskets etc but never seems to be enough!
Car seats and buggies stay in my bus as its a work only vehicle and I've got one little tiny built in cupboard which is bursting at the seams!!
I'm good at organising but hate having to get rid of anything...just in case :)

Sarah x

smurfette
30-07-2013, 03:55 PM

Me too!!! Best place for it I feel!

amanda1309
30-07-2013, 04:01 PM
In boxes in my garage.

Toys are brought out on a rota system weekly.

Car seats and pushchair are in car during the week but in gagrage when not working.

Travel cot is upstairs in a bedroom

This works well for me as I haven't got a dedicated playroom and my dh would have a fit if it was all in my lounge.

shortstuff
30-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I am lucky enough to have a playroom but the toys try and creep into my lounge diner.

My 3 travel cots live in my bedroom when not in use and when in use sometimes ds bedroom sometimes lounge.

My paperwork lives up out of reach in the playroom and on the dining room table along with my laptop where i complete all of my diaries etc

Car seats and pushchairs live in either the car or garage as i have a 7 seater so they are normally in situ but sometimes not required. I have 2 double pushchairs and a single so need a bit of room.

Also some parents leave bowls and drinking bottles for LOs and they have space in my kitchen cupboard.

Quite spread out here too x

Bumble Beez
30-07-2013, 04:23 PM
This is why I love being a childminder...I love hoarding useful stuff and with this job I get to keep EVERYTHING!! X

Sarah x

Mrsh3103
30-07-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm not too bad with toys, my living room is quite tidy (don't have a playroom :( )
It's my bedroom that's the issue. I spend so much time making sure the parts o the house parents see is clean & tidy my room has fallen behind. I've got a bit of a floordrobe going on in there :(

jadavi
30-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I have had visitors and family using my toy storage room for the past 8 weeks and consequently haven't been able to get in there easily to rotate toys etc
I realise now I have forgotten most of what I have in there, am using only a fraction of my resources and the children have had a great time regardless. I have come to the conclusion it's so much more about how you interact with them than what you put out for them (with the exception maybe of the water table)
I am wondering if I should seriously downsize my toys as a result. Trouble is, like another poster here, I always think I will need it one day....

funemnx
30-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I've got a shed with shelves - I can't get to the shelves because the other stuff is blocking the way - I open the door and it all falls out! :panic::laughing: Ok we'll play with that then..... :blush:

Emra81
30-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Lol! Floordrobe! That proper made me laugh....I have one of these too! x

loocyloo
30-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Lol! Floordrobe! That proper made me laugh....I have one of these too! x

and me!

I have a playroom and its full and tidy - BUT we were doing junk modelling on Friday and ALL the boxes etc are STILL all over the floor ( didn't work yesterday or today! ) I was planning on being out all day tomorrow - but now not so sure, so think we might well be doing MORE junk modelling tomorrow to get it all used up and out of my house!!!

I also have toys in a big cupboard upstairs,9 car seats & 4 buggies in garage ( 2 X single, 2 X double ( 1 each of umbrella & 3 wheeler ) garden toys in shed in garden, plus playhouse, plus 'decorating' the patio! ( DH asked if the dinoswamp was a permanent feature now :D ) oh, and a box of instruments under the piano in sitting, and big box of books plus childrens book shelves.

oh, and the dining room which stores all the paperwork ( should be on shelves, usually and currently on the dining table! ) and also currently 3 spare high/tall chairs and for some reason the ball pool!

:laughing:DD has just read this and reminded me that the utility room has boxes full of paint/playdough/paper/pens etc in it plus a couple of trays of coloured rice! :D

The Juggler
30-07-2013, 09:09 PM
having just 'cleared out' I filled 6/7 bin bags, a car full of stuff to one lady, 3 boxes to another, 3 bags to the charity shop, another 4 bags and a crate for another lady. bike and 2 bags back to children's centre and garden stuff to someone else.

I kept my smallworld in boxes in the cellar on racks. I have a 4 x 4 expedit which was 3/4 full with toys and boxes stacked on top too. buggies kept at top of cellar stairs, home corner permanently out with cots, kitchen, dolls, buggies trollies, till and bags, as were garden toys. I had 2 x craft units - one now empty and gone - the other staying for my dd.

My house looks empty and bare now - feels a little odd :panic:

Rubybubbles
31-07-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm not too bad with toys, my living room is quite tidy (don't have a playroom :( )
It's my bedroom that's the issue. I spend so much time making sure the parts o the house parents see is clean & tidy my room has fallen behind. I've got a bit of a floordrobe going on in there :(

Sounds like mine!! I have a spare room but I am really trying to not fill it with work stuff!

watgem
31-07-2013, 01:23 PM
sounds like mine lol i mind from my living room, my buggy hoard is down my path, yesterday the delivery man asked me if I cllected children lol, a small unit in living room with toys busting out and the bunny on top, printer on top of a smaller unit with stationary pens etc in drawers, home corner permanently set up, understairs cupboard crammed full, I have to put my hand up as I open it. as soon as i get rid of toys the children ask to play with them.....so going to have a sort out when they all go back to school:laughing:

miffy
01-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Every room in my house has something cm related in it! Toys, books, craft stuff fill every nook and cranny - it's amazing the places I find to store things!:laughing:

Downside is lots doesn't get played with and worse, i forget what I've got (have even bought books and toys and then found I've already got them :blush:). I still find it difficult to get rid of stuff just in case I need it.

Miffy xx

kellib
01-08-2013, 06:46 AM
I have a huge cupboard in my all where everything gets shoved in lol.

I've got my double nipper 360, a single mclaren, up to 3 car seats, a highchair, a blackboard/easel and hundreds of toys in there.

It's great cos it means when I'm not working everything gets put in there and my house feels like mine again.

Bumble Beez
01-08-2013, 06:48 AM
I have a huge cupboard in my all where everything gets shoved in lol.

I've got my double nipper 360, a single mclaren, up to 3 car seats, a highchair, a blackboard/easel and hundreds of toys in there.

It's great cos it means when I'm not working everything gets put in there and my house feels like mine again.

That cupboard must be HUGE!! I would probably just have the cupboard as a play room :laughing:

kellib
01-08-2013, 07:19 AM
That cupboard must be HUGE!! I would probably just have the cupboard as a play room :laughing:

Lol it's not that huge, everything just gets piled on top of each other! But it all fits and it's out my way so I don't care how messy it is inside!!