PDA

View Full Version : Will I have problems with Medical?

TabbyTuTu
30-07-2013, 09:48 AM
I personally think I am all well & capable, however as a child I was diagnosed with M.E, this doesn't affect me much anymore, if at all and hasn't for many years, i take care of myself in an attempt to keep it at bay. I also have a history of depression as a teenager although again, that hasn't affected me in a long time. I am very happy, healthy and run around after a three year old and ten month old already so I know I am perfectly able to be a CM. I am just a worrier, don't want to go through everything to have my dreams dashed because of a Dr!

smurfette
30-07-2013, 11:54 AM
I personally think I am all well & capable, however as a child I was diagnosed with M.E, this doesn't affect me much anymore, if at all and hasn't for many years, i take care of myself in an attempt to keep it at bay. I also have a history of depression as a teenager although again, that hasn't affected me in a long time. I am very happy, healthy and run around after a three year old and ten month old already so I know I am perfectly able to be a CM. I am just a worrier, don't want to go through everything to have my dreams dashed because of a Dr!

Hia.. Can't advise I am afraid as I am in Ireland so rules are different but would hope the fact that it was so long ago should be fine, someone else will advise soon I am sure

I had M.E. as a teenager too, and find I am generally grand although I do suffer from back problems now and dr said it could have started with the M.E and compounded by three pregnancies for 9lb babies! I manage it with Chiro, (which is good for immune system too), physio and exercise

TabbyTuTu
31-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Yikes, thought my 7.7 and 8.10 were bad enough! Thanks for your reply :-) Hopefully Ireland and England shan't be too different in that regard. It was a long time ago after all. I only seem affected in the Autumn/Winter months these days and that is only mildly, I only have to rest my legs a bit more often and run around a bit less! I don't think S.A.D helps matters

tulip0803
31-07-2013, 12:00 PM
You may find that you get referred to OFSTEDs medical panel just to ensure that all is OK. I got referred because I have asthma - not severe, never been hospitalised but they did it just to cover their own backs really if anything ever happened.

There are lots of threads on here about people being referred to the medical panel and I can't think of any that have been turned down. Search medical or Ofsted doctors or something on the forum and it may help to put your mind at rest