PDA

View Full Version : Contract not signed

adedwards68
30-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Morning everyone. Just a quick question if you have someone who has said that they want to accept one of your places, but has not yet signed the contract, the parents seem in no hurry lol
And other people are still enquiring about that space what do you do
I don't want to feel that I'm hurrying these parents and they are lovely people.

Mrsh3103
30-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I'd contact them & say I've got other people interested in the space. Do you still want it? I need to know by xx date otherwise I will have to offer it to someone else.

vikiwizz
30-07-2013, 07:57 AM
I'd contact them & say I've got other people interested in the space. Do you still want it? I need to know by xx date otherwise I will have to offer it to someone else.

I would do the same, and have done in fact.
I contacted a parent who was really keen and said I had other people interested in the space and out of curtsy I was contacting them to let them know. It gave both parents the push the needed to come and sign contracts.

jackie 7
30-07-2013, 09:02 AM
You must contact them and remind them they need to sign if they wang the place as until they sign it is not confirmed.

EmmaReed84
30-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Definitely contact the parent! Explain you cannot keep the space open until a contract has been signed.

MIL held a space open for someone who was wanting childcare and moving to the area. She was "just waiting to get moved before signing the contract" it was supposed to be a week. However, MIL heard nothing, but had an enquiry, for another child who wanted care for more days, but was over the time other parent wanted. MIL said she did not have the space and politely declined, then a couple of days later, called up other parent to ask when she was coming to sign the contracts... "Oh I am so sorry, I forgot to call you. My Auntie is going to look after LO now for me!" MIL tried to contact the second parent, but by the time she got in touch, the parent had already found someone.

MIL had also filled out all the documents as well, just literally waiting for signatures.

Now she is the same as me... No contract and deposit, no reservation.

sprinkles
30-07-2013, 12:18 PM
I had this! I had a mum wanting care on a thursday only for baby and toddler. She came to visit etc but wouldn't sign the contract. I then had an enquiry for another baby for up to 4 days care per week so told the other mum that I needed either a deposit or the contract signed or I couldn't guarantee the spaces for her and she started saying she couldn't commit to anything so I basically told her to contact me when she could and I would see what I could do.

I ended up signing the other baby and never heard from the other mum since.

FizzWizz
30-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I was in this position and kept seeing potential parents - first person willing to sign the contract gets the space here, assuming they are suitable etc

adedwards68
30-07-2013, 01:03 PM
I was in this position and kept seeing potential parents - first person willing to sign the contract gets the space here, assuming they are suitable etc

I think this is what I'll do