PDA

View Full Version : How to stop a 2 year old from getting out of the buggy??

primula
29-07-2013, 10:11 PM
My 2yr old mindee has discovered how to open the clip on his buggy strap! He did it with his mum the other day and nearly fell into the road! He did it with me today and fell out straight on to the pavement and hurt his knees.. any solutions would be great!

greanan
29-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Cross them I we so harder to get our of and also turn the strap you clip both sides into in the way so the button for it is facing his tummy

rickysmiths
30-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Put them in Reins and make them walk.

Becci26
30-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Put them in Reins and make them walk.

This. He probably wants to walk no doubt, is there a reason he needs to be in buggy?

Bumble Beez
30-07-2013, 05:51 AM
My solution would be the same as others...let him walk!!
If he gets out of his straps then he's probably trying to tell you that he wants to walk...give it a go :) just make sure you leave earlier lol!

Sarah x

miffy
30-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Put reins on him and if he can't walk far use the reins to clip him into buggy as he won't be able to get them off so easily.

Miffy xx

sarah707
30-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Reins and walking here as well once they stop wanting to sit in the buggy :D

MessybutHappy
30-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I agree, old fashioned reins that do up like a bra clipped to the chair.

Walking is great, but sometimes children still need to be in pushchairs even if only for a short period of time so you need a solution that works!

lilac_dragon
30-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Put reins on him and if he can't walk far use the reins to clip him into buggy as he won't be able to get them off so easily.

Miffy xx

This is what I do!

KatieFS
31-07-2013, 07:36 AM
I've got this situation coming up. 2 yr ok'd who wants to be out of buggy and regularly managed to climb out!
Would you consider buggy board. Just thinking is it worth expense?

primula
31-07-2013, 01:22 PM
I've got this situation coming up. 2 yr ok'd who wants to be out of buggy and regularly managed to climb out!
Would you consider buggy board. Just thinking is it worth expense?

Difficult one really ,as I only have him, he is just 2yrs old and the drop-in are really to far for him to walk there and back, he would get tired and I don't want to carry him he is a big lad( been there b4!)
I was looking for maybe an extra clip idea or something.. Re buggy board maybe you could borrow one for a little while to see if it worth buying one??