PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!!! Flush the FLIPPING toilet!!!1

EmmaReed84
29-07-2013, 08:55 AM
OMG! Seriously!!!

3 Boys and none of them ever flush the toilet or lift the seat and there is ALWAYS pee everywhere!!! They are all 4+ and have been told so many times to lift the seat, flush the toilet and wash your hands! My 2 year old mindee (girl) always, flushes the toilet and she can even wash her own hands!

I have a downstairs toilet and children have frees access to it (they don't ask before going, just go) this means I have gone in there countless times, stood in pee, sat in pee, had to go out and investigate who the last toilet user was and get them to flush and wash!

There is also many occasions where pee is not the only thing down the toilet! :panic:

I usually see them go and just say as they walk in "Seat, flush and wash!" but sometimes they are like silent assassins and I don't even know they have been to the loo, until I stand in it, or see it down there!

Even DH! He uses the upstairs loo before having a shower and does not flush it, until he gets out as it makes the shower go cold for ages, but he often forgets too! :panic:

FOR GOODNESS SAKE BOYS... FLUSH THE :censored: TOILET!! :angry:

Rachel6
29-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I always ask little boys to sit down,just don't feel they are tall enough to reach without making a mess, it's always been a big deal in my house that the boys/men put the lid down I don't think it's a lot to ask. You could always stick up some pictures of what they should do & in what order. Good luck & don't give in us girls need clean toilets x

shortstuff
29-07-2013, 09:14 AM
the only one to forget to flush here was a 4yr old girl mindee? she also hasnt been taught to use toilet paper so leaves wee on the seat as she stands. Oh I wonder why i didnt cry on her last day x

EmmaReed84
29-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I always ask little boys to sit down,just don't feel they are tall enough to reach without making a mess, it's always been a big deal in my house that the boys/men put the lid down I don't think it's a lot to ask. You could always stick up some pictures of what they should do & in what order. Good luck & don't give in us girls need clean toilets x

LOL, I have pictures plastered all over the walls... Lift seat, flush toilet, wash hands and hot tap pictures! I also remind them every time I know they are going to the loo.

I don't even think it is that they forget, they are just lazy or to eager to get back to what we are doing :laughing:

Bumble Beez
29-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha...Emma that post was like reading my mind :laughing:
I have three boys of my own and I am constantly cursing them for not aiming, not flushing, not putting the seat down and not washing hand...and mine are 4, 8 and 10!
Gotta love having boys ;)
Bet you wished they were asleep again lol x

Sarah x

EmmaReed84
29-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha...Emma that post was like reading my mind :laughing:
I have three boys of my own and I am constantly cursing them for not aiming, not flushing, not putting the seat down and not washing hand...and mine are 4, 8 and 10!
Gotta love having boys ;)
Bet you wished they were asleep again lol x

Sarah x

YES!

One mindee is still asleep, other mindee is in a trance laid down and my two are now reading books and told me to go away! So I cleaned to LOO, which cursing in my head and had vent off some frustration! LOL

Cor, little girl mindee can flipping snore! She sounds like a man!

little chickee
29-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I know you say you have free access to the toilet which you should be able to have but maybe it would be worthwhile for a while to insist that they come to tell you first.

Let them go and then have them wait while you inspect the toilet. You then tell them to flush etc. f they have made a mess you could ( depending on age) have them wipe round the toilet and floor.

I'm sure that after a while of this they would learn to be more careful.

If you can lock the door from the outside then they have no choice but to ask you first.

And i do feel your pain - a husband, 3 kids of my own and several boy mindees and its the same here!

vickylou
29-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I followed my 8 yr old mindee up to the toilet a few months ago, there was pee everywhere, all over the seat, up the back of the lid on the top if the cistern and even up the walls at the back and side of the toilet!!!! I called him up and have him a cloth and anti bacterial spray and he cleaned the whole mess up!!! Funny he's never done it again!!! I think at 8 he should be able to aim correctly!!!! Do often wonder what the state of mindees houses must be like!!! Maybe it's just our houses they don't respect!!!

vickylou
29-07-2013, 11:26 AM
My 12 year old ds often slightly misses and gets it on the bowl and that irritates me!! But all over the floor up the walls yuck yuck yuck!!!

kellib
29-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I followed my 8 yr old mindee up to the toilet a few months ago, there was pee everywhere, all over the seat, up the back of the lid on the top if the cistern and even up the walls at the back and side of the toilet!!!! I called him up and have him a cloth and anti bacterial spray and he cleaned the whole mess up!!! Funny he's never done it again!!! I think at 8 he should be able to aim correctly!!!! Do often wonder what the state of mindees houses must be like!!! Maybe it's just our houses they don't respect!!!

My own 8 year old is exactly the same and I make him clean it too, they have to learn its not acceptable!

loocyloo
29-07-2013, 02:08 PM
as a 'cure' for aiming - put a ping pong ball in the bowl .... cuts down the mass outside of the toilet as they try to 'sink' the ball!

my problem was then stopping the boys all going together to have competitions :laughing:

Louise_Oaktree
29-07-2013, 02:32 PM
My almost 8 year old son is exactly the same, we are having to have new toilet seats all the time due to them rusting! I'm going to get him to clean it in future!:mad:

shortstuff
31-07-2013, 07:30 PM
On the subject of toilet time.

I had a 5yr old mindee who got poo on his finger and decided that a good way to get rid of it was to wipe it on my wall!!!!!

His mum was as disgusted as I was on handover and wasnt too impressed when I let her know that he says he does it at home all the time. I can imagine the conversations at home tonight lol

Bumble Beez
31-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Ewwww...Gail that's so gross...
I'm going to have to antibacterial wipe my wall in the bathroom now you've said that...shudder...

Sarah x

Mrs Scrubbit
31-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Ewwww...Gail that's so gross...
I'm going to have to antibacterial wipe my wall in the bathroom now you've said that...shudder...

Sarah x

Same here.........yuk yuk YUK xx

Sweetpea
31-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I hate getting wet socks from standing in it when they don't tell me they've missed!

shortstuff
01-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Good luck with the clean up. Hope you dont actually need to do it x oh has promised to paint the loo over the weekend after telling him x