PDA

View Full Version : Turning work down.

SimplyLucy
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I've just had to turn another parent away for September, someone who was going to be new to the area. There was just no way I could fit the children in.:(

I feel really bad when I have to turn work down. You can hear the dissapointment in the parents voice. :rolleyes:

Does it make you feel bad?

I guess it's kind of good that I'm full, but I just hate not being able to help people.

angeldelight
09-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Lucky you that you are full and yes I know what you mean I have had to turn a few away lately too

Lets hope everyone else gets calls soon who need the work

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Steer them all in the direction of where I live please.

Its good that you are in the position of being able to turn work away - glad you are doing well:clapping:

angeldelight
09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I will send some to you Pip ha

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
09-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll put a sign outside of our very small town telling all parents that need a childminder NOT to move here!

It all seems to be people moving to the area. I live in a very small town in East Devon that seems to get more and more popular by the week. Must be all our funny ways with flaming tar barrels and pixies! :D

JO S
09-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I hate turning work down too, I've had loads of enquiries over last week or so but am full for sept.
keep thinking, if only I could fit 'em all in I'd be able to buy that holiday home in the sun!!

Jo. x

fishbones1
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Lucky you being able to turn work away! I can see how yo can feel quilty though.

I just wish I could get some interest, I really hope I get some phone calls soon

Minstrel
09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
well i'll just hang around here lapping up all your good fortune hoping that it will rub off on me when the time comes that i will need lots of business:)

lolatallulah
09-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Turning work down leaves you feeling unable to help and that is something we hate as childminders - not being able to make it better for someone!

It's such a common problem! In my area there are quite a few minders and some like myself are always busy & always getting enquiries but others who the business just seems to pass by, even when i recommend them to parents looking, they never seem to make contact.

LisaH
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I find it really frustrating because I seem to get lots of enquiries when i have no places, then if I do have a place no one calls for weeks!!! We can't win.

Does anyone here have a waiting list??

charleyfarley
09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I find it really frustrating because I seem to get lots of enquiries when i have no places, then if I do have a place no one calls for weeks!!! We can't win.

Does anyone here have a waiting list??

I'm the same when I don't need anyone I get the calls.

Not advertising at the moment though as I'm as full as I want to be with new full timer starting in Sept.

Good luck to those needing to fill spaces

Carol xx

wendywu
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
It just goes against the grain turning work down. Now how many can i keep in the shed.:laughing:

And as you say it is always when you are full. s*ds law i expect.

Annie_T
09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
oh dear .. i dread having to do this if i ever have too xx

Donkey
10-07-2008, 07:45 AM
can you send them my way too??

mrsbumbles
10-07-2008, 08:52 AM
The before and after school club, holiday club and day nursery have just pulled out of our school, giving only 3 wks notice for parents to find childcare for their child during school hols :eek:

I have been asked soooooo many times by soooo many parents for childcare i could of filled my place 4 times over :eek:

The parents are panicing now, none of the minders have any spaces, i feel really sorry for them, alot of parents are having to cut down their workload because of this.

foxy lady
10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I've just had to turn another parent away for September, someone who was going to be new to the area. There was just no way I could fit the children in.:(

I feel really bad when I have to turn work down. You can hear the dissapointment in the parents voice. :rolleyes:

Does it make you feel bad?

I guess it's kind of good that I'm full, but I just hate not being able to help people.

im in the same position and fell just the same as you with the parents. its good to be full though

devoncm
10-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Send them my way, my phones stopped ringing and come next thursday ill have no mindees at all:(

glad your full though Lucy

Pudding Girl
10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I've not had to turn down anything that would suit yet, so I don't feel guitly, the ones I turned down are too little hours, or weird days whatever.

I think it would be extremely annoying to have enqs that would be great but you havent the spaces - you watch my next enqs will all be for wednesday which is fully booked lol

ChocolateChip
10-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Lucky you, Lucy!!
Although you're right, it's not nice not being able to help.
I have all part timers and I seem to get enquirires for the days that are already full.
The way things are going we might be in the same situation as Donna with the after school club going, which might be helpful for me in one way, but it would be a shame to see it go, just have to wait and see.