PDA

View Full Version : Put down the phone!

kellyskidz!
28-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Just a quickie I'd forgotten about
On Friday mum comes to pick new 2yo mindee up, has only been with me for two weeks.
I answer the door when she knocks and she's on the phone chatting away and mouths 'new fella' I smiled at her then went to fetch her son from the garden.
She signed him out, got his bag, gathered his painting and put his coat on said goodbye and went out of the door all the time STILL ON THE PHONE!
Now I'm always on my phone and I know some phone calls are important but I couldn't believe it. She didn't once put it down, even when I said yes he's been fine but I had to put some cream on his eczema, even though she nodded that's fine.
Then she sits in the car outside for 50mins on the phone while I could see mindee crying and getting frustrated!
Just reminded me because a car was just parked in the bus lane on the way home from our day out, yep, her on the phone lol!!

Rick
28-07-2013, 05:46 PM
That's ridiculous! Surely it can wait....her new fella won't dump her for putting down the phone to pick her son up! Priorities :laughing:

skatie
28-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Poor child, second best to the phone... Not to mention how rude it is, surely she could phone him back later.

yummyripples
28-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Phones are sooooooo important though. I can't believe that at the music class I take my mindees to the children who are with their parents actually expect their parents to join in with them. I mean come on - mum is busy texting or taking a picture of little darling and posting it on Facebook so that all her friends can see how amazing she is as a parent.
Phew bit of a rant there sorry

Maza
28-07-2013, 09:04 PM
So short sighted. Not to mention RUDE. So disrespectful to you and her child. Doesn't she see that her boyfriend would have more respect for her and find her more intriguing if she did make him wait while she tended to her first priority?

catswhiskers
28-07-2013, 10:18 PM
If a parent arrives at my house and my mobile rings, then I say to the parent I will let it go to answerphone! Can you imagine if they turned up and I was on my mobile chatting away?

Sorry, but I would have gone outside after 5 minutes to see if everything was ok? Very awkward but phones don't rule me I'm afraid.

Daisy De
29-07-2013, 06:20 AM
How rude!

I have had parents arrive on the phone but they have ended the call after I opened the door.

MessybutHappy
29-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Very rude. I would have tried standing and waiting and if that didn't work I might have commented to a child along the lines of "let's wait for x to finish her call, you know it's rude to interrupt"!!!

Kirstylob
29-07-2013, 02:15 PM
How rude! Doesn't make you or the child feel very wanted / appreciated either. she needs to get her priorities right and get off the flaming phone!!

Kirstylob
29-07-2013, 02:27 PM
CJ Thorn was asking about a 'No use of mobile phone' poster. Maybe you could print one and stick it on your front door?

jackie 7
29-07-2013, 04:26 PM
I have it on my collection policy that I won't hand a child over while parent I'd on hand phone.

donna porter
29-07-2013, 05:41 PM
I have a mum constantly texting during pick up. Really annoying!!

kellyskidz!
30-07-2013, 08:24 AM
CJ Thorn was asking about a 'No use of mobile phone' poster. Maybe you could print one and stick it on your front door?

Not a bad idea that lol!
She's picking up today so I'm going to be on phone watch and just wait until she's done if she is on it
(Mind you if that was the case last week he would have gotten almost another hours childcare as that's how long she sat outside my house for!)
It made me feel weird, like I usually wait until parents have driven or walked off before I start tidying up so it doesn't look like I'm pushing them out of the door to tidy but I had to do it with her sat outside last week!x