PDA

View Full Version : Registering Relative as assistant

erica.bailey
28-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi I am registering my sister as my assistant until she has completed the local authority training to become a childminder herself (and then a co-childminder with me)
So.. I have completed the EY2 form with her and have written in 2 people whom OFSTED can contact for references.. (Is this right or do I have to collect the references myself and send them in?)
She has done her Paediatric First aid and knows about safeguarding etc etc

Is she allowed to work with me at all if I inform parents BEFORE Ofsted write back? as a volunteer Assistant

FussyElmo
28-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi I am registering my sister as my assistant until she has completed the local authority training to become a childminder herself (and then a co-childminder with me)
So.. I have completed the EY2 form with her and have written in 2 people whom OFSTED can contact for references.. (Is this right or do I have to collect the references myself and send them in?)

Is she allowed to work with me at all if I inform parents BEFORE Ofsted write back? as a volunteer Assistant

She will need a dbs (crb) check. If she doesn't she will not be allowed to be alone with the children even in the house :thumbsup:

This thread will give you more answers

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/registered-assistants-co-minders/117086-registering-assistant-advice.html

bindy
29-07-2013, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=erica.bailey;1281993]Hi I am registering my sister as my assistant until she has completed the local authority training to become a childminder herself (and then a co-childminder with me)

Is she allowed to work with me at all if I inform parents BEFORE Ofsted write back? as a volunteer Assistant[/QUOTE

Ofsted said it was Ok for my assistant to work with me while waiting for her check to come through. They told me unless she had a First Aid certificate she was not allowed to be left alone with the children. Sounds like you have everything in order! Also when I sent references, they came back saying not needed. It's very confusing lol!

madredann
29-07-2013, 08:29 AM
sorry to hi-jack post
just read this thread and a thought popped into my head
does an assistant have to be employed ie paid for a childminder to increase their ratio/numbers ?