PDA

View Full Version : Four weeks notice confusion

lorettacritchet
26-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi, can someone please help with me what I am doing lol...I have never been any good at maths so not sure if calculating correctly, can someone please confirm if my understanding is right.

1) Client One gave notice on Tuesday 23rd July, four weeks notice is last day Tuesday 20th August?

2) Client Two gave notice on Thursday 18th July, four weeks notice is last day Friday 19th August - now in regards to the invoicing for this one, if I have separated the invoice into weeks: would I make a note that termination week 1 is under w/c 15 July or is this correct:

15 July 2013

22 July 2013 Termination - week 1

29 July 2013 Termination - week 2

Hope that hasnt confused anyone....

CLL
27-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Client 2 would be Thursday 15th August. I am not sure why you would be writing termination dates on invoices, I wouldn't bother. I would just write a short letter to each parent saying you accept their notice, last day is x, fees are y, payment due by z. Then hand them invoice as normal. Good luck.

lorettacritchet
27-07-2013, 08:16 AM
I have never confirmed any one's last day in writing as most of the time the client has already written the last day on their letter such as in this case where Client 2 needs me on 16th August incl. What I am trying to establish is what week the termination is due to start and silly question, but would I still need to charge for w/c 12 August - so I am assuming this will be week 4? what is confusing me is this client has always meant to be paying for fees a month in advance yet due to several 5 weeks in a month etc, she seems to be now a few weeks behind so to speak...

Client 2 would be Thursday 15th August. I am not sure why you would be writing termination dates on invoices, I wouldn't bother. I would just write a short letter to each parent saying you accept their notice, last day is x, fees are y, payment due by z. Then hand them invoice as normal. Good luck.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Yes I am confused!

Number 1 - Notice given 23rd so I agree last day on 20th August

Number 2 - Notice given 18th so last day would be Thursday 15th August

I would just invoice for x days in August for number 2

CLL
27-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I have never confirmed any one's last day in writing as most of the time the client has already written the last day on their letter such as in this case where Client 2 needs me on 16th August incl. What I am trying to establish is what week the termination is due to start and silly question, but would I still need to charge for w/c 12 August - so I am assuming this will be week 4? what is confusing me is this client has always meant to be paying for fees a month in advance yet due to several 5 weeks in a month etc, she seems to be now a few weeks behind so to speak...

If the client only pays you for 4 weeks care but pays monthly you will be short 4 weeks pay for a full year. You will need to sit down and count up exactly how many weeks they have had (including the 4 weeks notice up until the day they leave), how many they have paid for and then charge them for the difference. For new clients it might be best to get them to pay you on a Friday for the next 4 weeks care, that way you know exactly what has been paid for.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-07-2013, 05:06 PM
I may have read this wrong - if it is yearly and it finishes at the end of August I would bill

1 monthly fee = £
credit for x days = £