View Full Version : what do I need?

26-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Just had a call for emergency one off placements for two children this coming tuesday morning for three hours. Am I right in thinking I dont need contracts, just emergency contacts and permissions forms etc? I think that is right but thought I would check and know you lovely people are always lots of help!

26-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Was the call through a social worker for a parent or from childrens services looking for a one off placement for a family where l am it makes a difference even for a few hours you will need the usual contact details if through a SW will they be bringing the family if they are they should bring contract especially if they are paying you, if not or if from childrens services you will need a short term contract as mum will be paying you direct, you will need this in writing.

26-07-2013, 01:32 PM
It was from a social worker for a parent, parent will be dropping not the social worker, I dont have any short term contracts, would it be ok to just write on the top of my long ones 'pne off emergency care'? Have asked parents to come half hour before they need to so I can get things signed and get to know the children as they are 16 months and 3 months x

26-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't you need child record form too... to cover injections, allergies, language spoken....

26-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes I was thinking I need everything except the contract, so emergency contact form, child record form and permissions form x

26-07-2013, 02:58 PM
But I am thinking for the sake of being thorough I may as well do everything as if it were a regular contract but just write at the top of the contract it is one off care and date it x

26-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Yes l would fill in a normal contract, is the parent paying you.
You could write your own one of emergency contract if your not a member of pacey (then you will have to use theirs) include Childs name address, DOB, parents name address, your details, contact details, emergency contact, medical history on going whether immunised and drs details, permission to take children out (should you feel the need for a walk if children unsettled), child details language children speak, do they need a meal/sleep/comforters, hours children will be attending, parent agrees to pay£xxx both you and her sign, photo copy for parent to take with her.

26-07-2013, 04:19 PM
No social services are paying me and it is only for three hours work. But think I will just fill out everything anyway and charge them for paperwork on top of fee. I am with MM but get all my paperwork from DCMA........