PDA

View Full Version : Caring for Over 8's

Hands on Herts
26-07-2013, 12:31 PM
I have never had a child 8 years old or over. What will be expected of me as a childminder? Do I still do Observations and next steps. Do I have to liaise with her teacher? I will do a daily diary and scrap book anyway. I know she is too old for development matters. This is still all quite new for me!

FussyElmo
26-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I have never had a child 8 years old or over. What will be expected of me as a childminder? Do I still do Observations and next steps. Do I have to liaise with her teacher? I will do a daily diary and scrap book anyway. I know she is too old for development matters. This is still all quite new for me!

No you don't have to do next steps/observations.

With my older I just do a photo scrapebook of what they have done with me. Sometimes after school its just sit and relax :thumbsup:

The only stipulation in the eyfs for children aged 8 and over is that their care must not impact on the care of the younger ones :thumbsup:

Hands on Herts
26-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks so much. It's so difficult finding the right info, I guess the best way is to ask someone doing it!
Many thanks

shortstuff
26-07-2013, 02:48 PM
oooh great thanks i have my first over 8 starting at the end of september too x

Hands on Herts
26-07-2013, 03:49 PM
oooh great thanks i have my first over 8 starting at the end of september too x

Good luck, it will be nice to have a child where you can focus on them instead of the never ending, mounting up paperwork. After schools are so much easier!

shortstuff
26-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Good luck, it will be nice to have a child where you can focus on them instead of the never ending, mounting up paperwork. After schools are so much easier!

Im looking forward to it to be fair. The shame is its 2 hours. 2 nights a week x