PDA

View Full Version : Paint related emergency!

kellyskidz!
26-07-2013, 10:27 AM
16mo olds first visit today and I (stupidly) decide to go ahead with our paint splatting activity. Turned around to get more paper and child rolled in the tray of paint.
He is COVERED! What do I do?!
Will mum be mad?? Would you be?
He's got no spare clothes and she coming in an hour. Do I quick wash them but they won't be dry in time? Or put him spares on and put paint covered clothes in plastic bag?
hes happy as a pig in muck playing outside, oblivious to my dilemma lol.
I'm going to feel so embarrassed sending him home, he is literally a walking paint child lol xx

jackie 7
26-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Deep breath. Ring mum asking to bring spare clothes. Put his in for quick wash/ rinse. Put him into any thing you have. Be honest with mum but treat if as a normal thing. Tell her you use washable paint. Take photo of him first!! Good luck!

Mouse
26-07-2013, 10:55 AM
I would phone mum & ask her to bring some spare clothes at pick up time, then rinse as much paint off the clothes as you can.

When she collects, explain to her that these things happen and it's a good reminder as to why she must send a change of clothes. Tell her what you do to keep the children clean when possible (aprons, all in one suits etc) and maybe suggest she send some old clothes that can be kept at your house specifically for messy play. Send her to the nearest charity shop if she hasn't got any suitable!

Who knows how she'll react - she might be perfectly happy knowing lo has had fun, or she might be surprised at quite how messy he has got. I know we all tell parents not to send children in good clothes as they might get messy, but some don't actually realise what we mean until they see it for themselves :laughing:

After one incident where a mindee went home with light coloured trousers completely covered in paint (despite having a pinny on), I now keep a supply of clothes for messy play - joggers, over-sized t-shirts, waterproof trousers etc.

kellyskidz!
26-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Mum was fine:phew::phew:
Put spares on him and she laughed and said they do get messy
Didn't know how she'd be with it being his first visit but I'm glad she understood that paint can get under aprons!
Thanks for advice guys xxx