PDA

View Full Version : Our eventful morning..

kellyskidz!
25-07-2013, 12:57 PM
If you had told me yesterday that this morning me and the mindees (and my own dd) would have held a tortoise, 2 snakes, a baby crocodile, a lizard, a bearded dragon and (gulp) a tarantula I wouldn't have believed you
Yet we did! Hello reptile day at our local playgroup!:panic:
Oooooh there are some weird looking animals about lol!!
The kids loved it, and it was such an experience for them (and for my nerves to see them with snakes around their necks and huge spiders crawling up their arms- eeeeek)
I even held them, I must be mad! Glad I took pics because me oh wouldn't believe me otherwise:thumbsup:
I need a strong cuppa and a sit down now!

Daisy De
25-07-2013, 12:59 PM
How wonderful, I would have loved that as would my mindees :clapping:

Well done you for keeping calm if you are scared of that sort of thing

Maza
25-07-2013, 01:00 PM
That's fantastic! It's nice when kids are not scared of things. We had a similar day at our CC a few years ago but it was way too busy to be properly enjoyed. What lovely memories for the kids. Well done you!

QualityCare
25-07-2013, 01:09 PM
How fantastic glad you all enjoyed it wish there was something like that near me.

kellyskidz!
25-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Lol when the reptile keeper put the snake on my hand he went 'oh your hands are sweaty!'
I laughed and said I know, I'm terrified, I'm trying to keep it together for the kids sakes
I can't quite believe I did it but all I've heard since we left is reptile chat 'I'm going to tell mummy I held a SNAKE'
They're now drawing pictures of snakes and huge spiders lol
Only a pound per child too, well worth it!

karensmart4
25-07-2013, 02:23 PM
We had a reptile day at our drop-in a couple of years ago, the children loved it, it was fantastic...... shame I couldn't hold any BUT someone had to take the photo's :littleangel: