PDA

View Full Version : Book Corner Ideas

kimnolan87
25-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi,

I want to turn one of the alcoves in my playroom into a comfy book corner but looking for some inspiration.

I have some the ikea spice racks but don't feel enough books would be available :/

Can you share some of your comfy/book corner photos please?

Thanks xxx

supermumy
25-07-2013, 12:31 PM
I got a lovely little bookcase with a clock on surrounded but colorful pillows and puppets and a couple of little posters saying quite area and love to read
nothing special but does the job

loocyloo
25-07-2013, 01:27 PM
I can't get a photo to load ( pc playing up! ), but I have this book case http://www.gltc.co.uk/sling-bookcase-with-rainbow-star-canvas/bookcases-bookshelves/gltc/fcp-product/10002212 and then a collection of cushions and a few soft dolls/cuddlies. I have a basket with the board books next to the bookcase.

MaffAnna
25-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I have an ikea children's bed canopy, like a circus tent which hangs from a nail on the wall and goes flat behind the sofa at night. A big pile of cushions underneath and a basket of books. Have a normal bookcase too but the cosy area has a few new books and a couple of classics.

Chimps Childminding
25-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't have a book corner as such, but my books are in a basket so it can be taken to wherever the children want to read - usually under the dining table!!

Maza
25-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I've got a beige beanbag (don't want bright colours in my living room) and a small white bookcase with a clock on it. I only have a small selection of books in there but change them regularly, depending on current interests/seasons etc. I often put out a prop box near it, latest one was a wolf puppet, a basket and a red scarf for them to act out Little Red Riding Hood. It's nothing fancy but my mindees love it and use it often throughout the day. DD hasn't sat there for at least a year! I think it's because it's just 'part of the furniture' for her now. I keep meaning to set up a temporary, surprise book corner somewhere else but of course I never get round to it. Just try not to put too much in there at once and keep it a novelty by changing props regularly. x

The Juggler
25-07-2013, 03:55 PM
i have a treasure chest with books. I place books relevant to different areas out with the smallworld/construction each day but the children are free to look through the box. It's in a corner with blanket and seats/cushions for them to sit on.

Bumble Beez
25-07-2013, 07:47 PM
This is from a previous post of mine...may be useful :)

http://displays.tpet.co.uk/?resource=1390 I just found this on Teachers Pet and thought it was pretty cool...would love to have this either round the library shelves I've got or outside in the garden to create an outside book nook... Hope someone finds this useful ;) Sarah x

Sarah x

miffy
25-07-2013, 09:53 PM
This is from a previous post of mine...may be useful :)

Teacher's Pet - Our Story Corner Bunting - FREE Classroom Display Resource - EYFS, KS1, KS2, reading corner, stories, books, library (http://displays.tpet.co.uk/?resource=1390) I just found this on Teachers Pet and thought it was pretty cool...would love to have this either round the library shelves I've got or outside in the garden to create an outside book nook... Hope someone finds this useful ;) Sarah x

Sarah x

That's great - thanks

Miffy xx