PDA

View Full Version : All ideas welcome!!!!!

jax clinch
24-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Hello I never used to do much holiday care because I have 4 children of mine now 9,8,6 and 4 but seemed to have offered my services more than usual. Some days I will have my 4 children plus an 18 mth old, a 3 year old, a 9 yr old and an 11 yr old!!! Do other people have a theme of activities through the holidays?

miffy
24-07-2013, 08:51 PM
I have just asked the children to make a list of 10 things they would like to do over the holidays. I've explained that we will discuss and choose the most popular making sure everyone has at least one of their choices and that we may not be able to do everything on their lists.

They've really enjoyed doing this and a lot of the things they came up with are things that we've done before and that they've enjoyed.

Miffyxx

AliceK
24-07-2013, 09:13 PM
I have just asked the children to make a list of 10 things they would like to do over the holidays. I've explained that we will discuss and choose the most popular making sure everyone has at least one of their choices and that we may not be able to do everything on their lists.

They've really enjoyed doing this and a lot of the things they came up with are things that we've done before and that they've enjoyed.

Miffyxx

I do a similar thing. I ask all the children for ideas of things they want to do. So far this year the overwhelming thing they all want to do is a nature hunt which we have done in the past. I print out and laminate a list of things for them to find. The difficulty of which is age appropriate. We go with our lists to the local woods / lake and the children have to find the things in their list and bring them back. One of the things on the list is "something interesting / different" and when we get back they have to explain why they find it interesting. I buy small things as prizes. Very simple, very little cost and the kids love it.

xx

maisiemog
25-07-2013, 09:42 AM
We've just got into geocaching here. It's free as well! The kids love looking for the treasure and seeing what might be in the box!

I've just found that there are about 9 in the city centre so next week we are having a whole day of it with a picnic in the cathedral grounds.

We also do loads of crafts here! They love them! Also bake something most days. I only have girls and they are all into hello kitty so we are baking a hello kitty cake and decorating it together.

I never spend a lot but they all seem to have great fun. Mind you my oldest one is only 6.

JoRo163
25-07-2013, 10:16 AM

Miffyxx

We did this today too :)