PDA

View Full Version : This is avful

desiderata
24-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Three-year-old has thumb ripped off in nursery door horror - Parentdish UK (http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/07/24/three-year-old-has-thumb-ripped-off-in-nursery-door-horror/?ncid=webmail18)

should never have happened

hectors house
24-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Three-year-old has thumb ripped off in nursery door horror - Parentdish UK (http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/07/24/three-year-old-has-thumb-ripped-off-in-nursery-door-horror/?ncid=webmail18)

should never have happened

I know it is terrible, but sometimes accidents are just that - maybe it was impossible to foresee this happening - it wasn't trapped in actual door but between door and wall. I know a young child who had finger bitten off by a horse, had a friend who was leading a horse out of horse box when it reared and lead rein pulled end of thumb off and my nephew's fiancee lost 2 fingers recently in a farm accident.

At an outstanding nursery near me I know of a boy who got fingers trapped in those big wooden bricks and crushed them needing an operation- I presume they told Ofsted but not sure if they were re-inspected again or not.

SYLVIA
24-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Poor little girl. I don't feel so bad now about telling mine to leave doors alone.

loocyloo
24-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I know of another nursery where this happened. LO lost the tip of their finger.

skyblue
25-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Poor thing!

I trapped my finger in a door at infants school and the tip was hanging off and it was sewn back on. My brother is missing the top of one of his fingers after trapping it when he was very little. They couldn't see it back on.

hollyvilla
25-07-2013, 09:23 AM
My cousin when she was little lost half of a finger in a door, one child each side having a game. Later other one playing with recorder fell onto sofa resulting in recorder through roof of mouth. Both accidents, they do happen however hard we try.

lizduncan72
25-07-2013, 09:48 AM
I almost lost the tip of my finger aged 2 when back door slammed on it as someone opened the front door and the through draught blew it shut.

supermumy
25-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I know a cm that that happened to she had a heavy fire door which isnt allowed to e touched or altered and it close on a mindee taking the tip off
Accidents happen :)