PDA

View Full Version : Gove end of term report by Stephen Twigg

Simona
24-07-2013, 06:10 PM
It appears that the Shadow Minister for Education has forgotten that cms DO holiday care and have done so for 30 years...is the omission deliberate or just plain stupid?

I can hardly contain myself as he is feeling sorry for parents having to juggle holiday care and sort out arrangements...a call to a cm who offers this service would have put things right weeks ago!!

How many cms have vacancies over the holidays? thousands I would say
LAs are not that proactive in advertising our services are they?
Twigg says 'childcare costs have spiralled' but conveniently omits costs have also risen for providers!

Regarding the shortage of primary school places...I wonder if he has forgotten it was Labour who put children in schools at 4 and then 3...and those kids are occupying classrooms that should be for those of compulsory school age...take them out of school and the crisis is resolved!

The childcare crisis started with providers low occupancy when 3 and 4 year olds were whisked off to school and we had to continue making a living while getting a pittance from LAs and their Free Entitlement...it's a simple solution that neither parties want to look at!

Michael Gove's End of Term Report | Stephen Twigg (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/stephen-twigg/michael-gove-education_b_3644552.html)

sarah707
24-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Oh my! Silly man sensationalising again :rolleyes:

Just sent from my Twitter (@knutsfordchildm)

@StephenTwigg there are over 80,000 #childminders in England many of whom can offer affordable summer holiday places Michael Gove's End of Term Report | Stephen Twigg (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/stephen-twigg/michael-gove-education_b_3644552.html)

Do you think I will get a reply?? :D

Simona
24-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I wonder why I gave up half a day's earning to meet with the Shadow Minister for Children and discuss holiday care in detail??

They haven't bothered to reply to MAC so no hope in hell you get one on this...but keep tweeting like I do...maybe one day the penny will drop!

westbrom44
24-07-2013, 07:23 PM
I have 3 full time holiday care spaces! I have rarely had school children during the holidays as parents always seem to find relatives to care for their children.