PDA

View Full Version : Advertising etiquette

sing-low
23-07-2013, 07:45 PM
So I keep getting enquiries (demand for childcare outstrips supply round here) but I am as full as I want to be (or will be from September). I currently have one early years space although only til November when my EY spaces will be full most days. So what should I put on my childcare.co.uk availability section? And how do I respond to enquiries? I don't want to say I'm full as I'm not but equally I don't have space IYSWIM. If anything, I suppose I'm looking for adhoc work.

And how do you respond (in general) to parents who ask you whether you plan to look after more children than just their little darling?!

funemnx
23-07-2013, 07:49 PM
I usually say I have 1 space available - that way I still get enquiries and can work out if I can accomodate them :thumbsup:

adedwards68
23-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Not sure for the first part of your question but with regards to the 2nd I simply say I'm registered to look after 6 under 8, 3 of those can be under 5 and so on. This doesn't mean I will have 6 but I can if I wish.
I'm sure they don't go into nurseries asking how many kids they have, as a nursery would have their full amount, as we can. That's business!

sing-low
23-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I usually say I have 1 space available - that way I still get enquiries and can work out if I can accomodate them :thumbsup:

Oooh good idea! Exactly! I don't want to be turning away (before they've even enquired) someone who might be the perfect 'fit' round my other part-timers.