PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure

madredann
23-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi my hubby is registering as my assistant but has High BP which is controlled by medication will this mean he will have to go for a medical?
many thanks

sarah707
23-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Possibly... there's no telling when people get asked to go for the medical. It will delay things if he is called for extra checks so you need a plan in place just in case.

Hopefully it will all be ok xx

madredann
23-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I am registering him in case he loses his job so hopefully not in the near future. Im not relying on him to be registered for a certain date. Where do people go for the medicals I read someone had to go to London?

madredann
23-07-2013, 05:12 PM
What is the minimum age for someone to be registerd as an assistant is it 17 or 18?
thank you x

rickysmiths
23-07-2013, 05:13 PM
16 but they can't be left alone with mindees until they are 18 and have the full First Aid cert.

madredann
23-07-2013, 05:18 PM
so if daughter had her DBS done last december would it be better to register her now so that i dont have to pay for another DBS after 3 years (is that correct) and then if I wanted her to be able to count in my numbers or left with children get her first aid cert and then ring ofsted to inform them?

starschildmind
23-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi my hubby is registering as my assistant but has High BP which is controlled by medication will this mean he will have to go for a medical?
many thanks

My OH had to have a medical check as he has epilepsy.. but its just because he lives here. Hes not registered as my assistant or is here really during minding hours. He works 8-6 himself

The medical was the same paperwork as i had. Just dropped it in the doctors and they signed it off.

Hope that helps x

madredann
23-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Thank you xx

sarah707
23-07-2013, 07:35 PM
16 but they can't be left alone with mindees until they are 18 and have the full First Aid cert.

When I last asked Ofsted the question they pointed me to this EYFS requirement -

3.28 Only those aged 17 or over may be included in ratios (and staff under 17 should be supervised at all times). Students on long term placements and volunteers (aged 17 or over) may be included if the provider is satisfied that they are competent and responsible.

I said 'but that doesn't say assistants need to be 17' and she said 'yes it does'... and I didn't want to get into a fight so I have always pointed people here :D

madredann
23-07-2013, 08:05 PM
So when my daughter is 17 in December she can become my assistant and left with children so long as she has first aid cert and permission from parents and I may be able to have more children as she would alter my ratio of adult:child - this is not something I intend on doing but just wanted to get it straight x

starschildmind
24-07-2013, 07:06 AM
So when my daughter is 17 in December she can become my assistant and left with children so long as she has first aid cert and permission from parents and I may be able to have more children as she would alter my ratio of adult:child - this is not something I intend on doing but just wanted to get it straight x

Morning.

Im using an assistant when she turns 17. Thats what the eyfs says :) x