PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice pls!

Ellen1981
23-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Im thinking of starting childminding soon. I have booked myself on a childminding briefing in September and wanted to know what will be discussed on the briefing? Could anybody please tell me how to find out what childminding course I can do as I live in Nottingham?
Thank you

christine e
23-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Im thinking of starting childminding soon. I have booked myself on a childminding briefing in September and wanted to know what will be discussed on the briefing? Could anybody please tell me how to find out what childminding course I can do as I live in Nottingham?
Thank you

Do you come under the local authority of Nottingham City or Nottinghamshire County Council?

moggy
23-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Don't worry, all be explained on the briefing- including what courses are available locally and any funding available. Go with a list of questions- you might want to ask what the hourly rates are in your area, what the demand is like- are there schools needing more childminders to do school runs? You will find out about the registration process and if there is any mentor or support-minder system in your area where you can get support from an experienced minder. And ask about local childminder drop-ins or groups/associations where you can get local help.

Good luck and remember the briefing is just for you to gather information, they won't be asking anything of you so relax, take notes and enjoy!

Ellen1981
24-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Do you come under the local authority of Nottingham City or Nottinghamshire County Council?

I'm under Nottingham city.

Rick
24-07-2013, 05:40 PM
You may find this thread helpful too!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html