PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really down

pinklady756
23-07-2013, 02:56 PM
I posted a little while ago about enquiries and waiting to hear back from parents. Out of 4 visits - 1 was a no show and the other 3 went elsewhere :(

Since then in the last 2 weeks 2 families have reduced hours/days from September and I now have even more vacancies to fill. One family with siblings I'm taking on in Sept wanted 4 full days but has just reduced this to 1.5 days. I needed an assistant to be able to manage as it meant 4 children under 5 for 1.5 days, but the extra money on the remaining days made it worth it. I still need the assistant but what the new family pay won't cover her wages anymore. Let alone help towards the extra car seat, double buggy andtravel cot I will need.

I desperately need to fill the spaces on the other days now, so much for relaxing over the summer hol's while it's quieter, just to make it worse my husband is out of work at the moment so the pressure is really one :panic:

I know everyone has their own issues/finances etc but I really do feel like I get messed around sometimes.

sing-low
23-07-2013, 03:19 PM
If the new family's fees won't cover assistant's wages can you really afford to take them on?

Mrsh3103
23-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Why not register hubby as your assistant. Then if work picks up & he does get another job you can get someone else to be your assistant. It would save you paying wages! All money would be kept in the family x

smurfette
23-07-2013, 03:26 PM
If the new family's fees won't cover assistant's wages can you really afford to take them on?

Would agree with this., ESP if
They are taking up several
Spaces

Hugs to you hope something perfect
Shows up soon! Xx

jackie 7
23-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Good idea to register your hubby.

bindy
23-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Really hope it picks up for you, I am sure it will. Very good idea to register your hubby.

MessybutHappy
23-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Keep the faith!

Is there anyone you could borrow the extra equipment off?

Do you know other childminders in your area?

Hugs, honey, it's so tough isn't it! I had a dry spell, but have recently seen a small increase in enquiries so am keeping everything crossed.

MISSYL20
23-07-2013, 07:04 PM
This is why I've decided to go back to work. I cant risk my earnings going down and sick of being let down by parents. Every sep seems to be a worry on whether you can get your spaces filled etc.

At least with me going back to my job I'll have that guaranteed income and will still have 2 days off just spent with my own children.

Good luck hope something comes your way x

pinklady756
23-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys, I'm feeling a bit better than I was. I was told by txt out of the blue this morning and haven't had a good day, been worrying myself silly. Obviously wasn't thinking straight in my panic, as I was forgetting I'll be claiming 3-4yr old funding for one of them, because it pays well in this area (whether it still will come September who knows) it won't be as bad as I thought. I'm desperately hoping that I get the employer grant as this would be a massive help.

Hubby is registered as a back up for emergencies only, he would absolutely hate to do the job on a daily basis and we could easily fall out, he gets under my feet and on my nerves enough now :laughing:

Will ask around with other childminders and parents in case anyone has any I can borrow.

xx

The Juggler
23-07-2013, 07:13 PM
chin up hon. hope work picks up soon xx