PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling an Inspection.

SimplyLucy
09-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm ment to be having my inspection on Monday but my DS2 had just come out with chicken pox.

I plan to stay open because I know that the mindees have all had it. (I can do that can't I?)

Do you think I'd be allowed to cancell my inspection?

LittleAcorns
09-07-2008, 03:44 PM
awwww poor DS, hope he's ok :D

If I were you I would ring and explain, just say what you've said in this post but state that you may need to close up shop at short notice if your son becomes poorly with it.

venus89
09-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I can't see why - if you'rwe open and if the inspector has had chicken pox - that you'd need to cancel it? So long as you tell her before.

Good luck in the inspection!

mrsb
09-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I would say that if you are minding anyway they will not let you cancel to be honest :(

Hope your son gets better quick though x

SimplyLucy
09-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I've closed my setting now.

I always said my children would come first when I started childminding and If my son is ill he should have all my attention not have to share it with others.

If I opened then school runs and playgroup runs would be complicated and if my son didn't feel up to going out it would be a nightmare.

I've rung the inspector and left a message on her answerphone. I'm a bit gutted and I kind of wanted to get this inspection over and done with.:rolleyes:

Donkey
10-07-2008, 08:00 AM
hope ds gets better soon :)

babyandchild
10-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Probably the safest option! Hope your son gets better soon, I know you are disappointed about your inspection but just see it as a bit of extra time to check over your documentation! I'm sure Ofsted will be impressed that you've closed your setting to safeguard the other children x

foxy lady
10-07-2008, 09:07 AM
oh bless him i hope he feels better soon

ChocolateChip
10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Hope he gets better soon, Lucy, let us know what happens with the inspector.

angeldelight
11-07-2008, 06:54 AM
How is your son now Lucy - did Ofsted get back to you?

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
11-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Well I made the right decision. My son is plastered, I don't think he has a patch of skin without spots.:(

He'll being a right grump too. I've informed parents that it'll be tuesday/wednesday next week before I open again. Only 1 got funny with me (her problem not mine!)

I haven't heard back from my inspector so I plan to ring her again today to check she got my message.

miffy
11-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Aw bless him - hope he's feeling OK and not too itchy

Good luck with Ofsted, hope you get it sorted today - you don't want them turning up when you don't have any mindees

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
11-07-2008, 08:26 AM
She is now coming on the afternoon of Monday the 21st.

I'll have 8 children here as schools will have broken up on the Friday before!:eek:

angeldelight
11-07-2008, 08:33 AM
oooooooooooh lucky Lucy haha

Good luck hope they all behave for you

Angel xx