PDA

View Full Version : References

Petshrinklj
23-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Would it be ok to have my friends as referees. I haven't worked in a longtime and I didn't end my last job very well. I had had 4 miscarriages and was pregnant again and just couldn't handle a job I kept needing to check I wasn't miscarring. So I just quit. My boss was reasonably understanding to my face but not sure how she felt really.

Rick
23-07-2013, 10:47 AM
You can have friends as referees assuming they are a professional on the 'list'! My wife's friend was mine, she is a doctor.

Petshrinklj
23-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Oh that might be a problem then. They are all stay at home mums. Where's the list of suitable referees? There must be a guidance form I'm missing.

Rick
23-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Not sure on that, I think I must have had it with the form. I think it says it has to be a professional i.e. doctor, GP, teacher etc etc

bindy
23-07-2013, 11:41 AM
If this is for Ofsted it can be anyone who has known you well for the past few years, not family. Does not have to be professional. Recently read the from, regarding my assistant and saw that's what it said about referees, you could always call and ask.

Petshrinklj
23-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Thank you. That's such a relief I thought I wasnt going to be able to apply.
Sorry to be dumb but is there a filling in the reg form guidance. I'm apply online and can't seem to find it.

The Juggler
23-07-2013, 08:26 PM
If this is for Ofsted it can be anyone who has known you well for the past few years, not family. Does not have to be professional. Recently read the from, regarding my assistant and saw that's what it said about referees, you could always call and ask.

yes, when I registered, I asked my children's childminder to be my referee (I had been very upfront with her about what I was going to do)

charlottenash
23-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Confusion here between references and identity checker I think.

References can be anyone not related at all through marriage or relationships so in laws are out the question even if your not married. This perso must know you for 2 years or more.

Identity check was a pain for me! Person had to be professional and know you for 2 years, I didn't know anyone on that list to which Ofsted said I should send my actual passport an driving licence to them (no photocopies), as if that was going to happen!

Got there in the end. But a pain nonetheless!