PDA

View Full Version : Fee for school drop off and collection

madredann
23-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi
I used to drop and collect a child at a nursery on the same site as I dropped my own children so never charged petrol/travel. I am now taking the child to a school that is different to my children and think it would be fair to charge an amount for petrol? I would only charge it if I physically did so thought an extra weekly charge would be better than putting fee up. How much should I charge do you think is it so much a mile how do other minders do this
thank you x

madredann
23-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi
I used to drop and collect a child at a nursery on the same site as I dropped my own children so never charged petrol/travel. I am now taking the child to a school that is different to my children and think it would be fair to charge an amount for petrol? I would only charge it if I physically did so thought an extra weekly charge would be better than putting fee up. How much should I charge do you think is it so much a mile how do other minders do this
thank you x

bunyip
23-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Do not mention or itemise this as "petrol", "travel", "mileage", etc. :panic:

Some LA's are very strict on this. If they find out, they may insist that you register and become licenced as a taxi service, with all the additional requirements, insurance, etc.

Simply offer the new contract at whatever rate you need to. If ma&pa question it, you need to answer along the lines of "I've not put my rates up for a long time and could no longer ignore my rising costs" or "I always charge schoolies that bit more, cos they eat so much and use lots of craft materials" etc.

bunyip
23-07-2013, 10:01 AM
There seem to be 2 identical threads running. I've posted on t'other. :)

madredann
23-07-2013, 10:03 AM
sorry posted in wrong place!