PDA

View Full Version : Telephone check list.

SimplyLucy
09-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Does anyone have a telephone check list that they use for when parents phone?

I'm not very good on the phone to strangers and get all flustered and forget what to ask.

I've had a parent phone today who is moving to the area. She left a message on my answer phone so I want to be organised when I phone her back.

Think I need to type out a list of questions then print out loads, keep them handy so I can grab one and fill it in when parents ring.

What do I need to ask?

Mollymop
09-07-2008, 02:57 PM
SOmetimes when parents ring I ask them for their phone number and then ring them back once I have got my act together!

I don't feel so nervous anymore now though and usually answer all their queries without feeling bothered

I have got a checklist, but I have not used it yet.

SimplyLucy
09-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Whats on your checklist Sandra?

Mollymop
09-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Just things about me, how much I charge and my vacancies, whether the child would need a buggy (just incase I need to buy a double one), playschool/nursery runs, things like that.

I never use it though, i usually let the parents ask me the questions, but then there is always something I forget to ask them before I hang up! So I think i should really use it.

Annie_T
09-07-2008, 03:20 PM
i have one that may help hun pm me your email i send it over x

also have a indivdual child sheet.. which could be handy

donnagwynne
09-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I could do with one of these for when the parents actually come to the house!!!!

Anyone have one??

Donna

sarah707
09-07-2008, 06:24 PM
I could do with one of these for when the parents actually come to the house!!!!

Anyone have one??

Donna

Here's mine. I adapted it recently to bring it in line with some inclusion information I read ... :D