PDA

View Full Version : Good example of working in partnership

lozzy23
22-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I have two mindees who attend the local pre-school. Today was their last day before they start school in September.

I picked up one of my mindees and received a folder with some work, photos and a Learning Journey scrapbook with notes, observations and more photos. I had a look (permission for sharing in place!) and was thrilled to see observations I had given them, photos I had sent in and little notes, saying Lorraine (childminder) told me today that L had ..................etc. We are always sharing information and observations and have a good relationship, but it was great to see it in black and white.

Mrsh3103
22-07-2013, 06:09 PM
yay. There's still hope that I will eventually get another setting to work in partnership with me then :thumbsup:

madredann
22-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Fab this is lovely to hear great news x

Nicola Carlyle
22-07-2013, 06:23 PM
That's a really positive step and shows that working together with other settings CAN work!

FussyElmo
22-07-2013, 06:28 PM
That is lovely to hear :thumbsup:

Bumble Beez
22-07-2013, 06:34 PM
That's great...not often you hear good things about partnership working!!

Sarah x

lozzy23
22-07-2013, 07:52 PM
That's great...not often you hear good things about partnership working!!

Sarah x

Roll back 5 years in September, I walked into the playgroup with a permission slip from parents to information share and gave it to the keyworker. She then gave it to the playgroup manager and I was called in and told in no uncertain terms I had no right to approach the keyworker and dictate she shares information with me. I was gobsmacked and horrified, I stood my ground (not like me at all) and kept on repeating lines from the EYFS about sharing information (bear in mind this was 2008 when it first came in). I was treated horribly for a year, until the manager left.

I had a couple of years with no children at the playgroup until these 2 LO's and the change was amazing. I have 2 more LO's starting in September, so hopefully the good relationship will carry on.:clapping:

lisa1968
22-07-2013, 08:12 PM
That's brilliant!
I've actually written a thank you card to the nursery tonight because they've worked brilliantly with me this year.
...the local pre school could learn a lot from them......

Gem wright
22-07-2013, 09:22 PM
That's brilliant....... Can you somehow copy that as evidence in your sef that your working in partnership? Which my local settings listened to me lol