PDA

View Full Version : Oh I hate this bit...

funemnx
22-07-2013, 05:20 PM
I've been minding 2 brothers (1 yr and 4yr) for several months now. Mum booked older one off in the hols for 3 consecutive Mondays (they come Mon 8.30-5.30 & Fri 8.30-1.30). This is the first time this has arisen as only had the older one before & after school and mum has text to ask if the bill is correct?

It is in the contract plus I also mind for the children's cousins so is she trying it on?

I've replied but not sent yet 'yes, it's part of the contract that all childrens places are paid for unless I'm off or can't work'

Could I put it any better? Don't want to start apologising!!

Lottie
22-07-2013, 05:50 PM
As long as the school holiday times are written into the contract than yes she has to pay whether child is there or not.

Your reply is fine, simple and to the point. I can't see how it would cause a negative response.

madredann
22-07-2013, 05:52 PM
If it is written in your contract the hours for holidays as well as term time then yes I think that sounds fine straight to the point and no room for argument x

madredann
22-07-2013, 05:54 PM
sometimes parents dont actually think about what the contract means until a situation crops up then they look into it more and question it and it sounds like this is the first time she has done this so may be unsure x

Anacrusis
22-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I can't think of a better way to phrase it - maybe someone else can - but your message is clear & to the point and there's never easy to tell someone that they need to pay you for a service they didn't use!

In future you could conisder reminding parents when they book time off that it still needs to be paid for? Just for your own piece of mind that they won't query it later. I had a parent ask me if they had to pay for some holiday time & I sent a similiar message to yours. They were fine about it, so I hope your parent will be fine about it too :)

Goatgirl
22-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Either trying it on or just forgotten... I'd maybe give her the benefit of the doubt and say something like "It's been a while since we did contracts, but we did go through it at the time: If I am open, fees are due for hours contracted, regardless of attendance. See you (day you will see them again) "

I hate it when these things come up..... but definitely deal with it in a friendly but firm manner. Good luck :thumbsup:

funemnx
22-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Parent seems ok, says she had forgotten. They have cancelled the lo's days off which is fine with me. I feel like a meany though...

I offered to spread the cost over 12 months but she's said not to

Goatgirl
22-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Parent seems ok, says she had forgotten. They have cancelled the lo's days off which is fine with me. I feel like a meany though...

You're not being mean :). She's trying to save a bit of money but at your expense would not be ok; She agreed to terms etc at beginning of the contract and your family's income is important too :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
22-07-2013, 06:11 PM

Seems like they were trying to save money. But don't feel like you have been a meany you have a business to run :)