PDA

View Full Version : Me again - info for parents

sprinkles
22-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I've just had a really random voicemail from a mum looking for care for her 18 month old daughter. I can't ring back as I'm at work so text to tell her this. She then continued to leave me two more random voicemails saying she doesn't have credit in her mobile and she doesn't even know what hours etc. she never even left her name?!

But she's asked me about information on how to find out about paying etc...I'm guessing she's on about tax credits etc. where do I tell her she will get info?? I'm in Scotland if that makes any difference?

QualityCare
22-07-2013, 03:36 PM
if she goes to the directgov.org web site and searches tax credits she'll be able find out if she qualifies, make sure she's not after your reg number to fraudulently claim she doesn't need it to inquire but she will need to know how much she will have to pay for childcare she will only need your reg no when contracts are signed and she wants to put in a claim. Seems a bit strange to me that she has no credit on her phone to call you but can leave voice mail l though you still paid for them, l would be very cautious and wait for her to call you and speak to her but whatever you do don't give her your reg no.

sprinkles
22-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks, I'll direct her there! She was phoning me from a landline but left her mobile number so I text to say I got her message but couldn't answer as working and she phoned again, and again lol.

Will see what she says when she rings later but I don't really like the sound of her - which sounds awful of me!!

sprinkles
22-07-2013, 04:23 PM
She rang! She just wanted to know if I accepted tax credits etc. she's only 17 so that's maybe why I didn't like the sound of her lol. She likes to use the word 'like'! Anyhow, she's away to speak to her mother in law and find out days and times as she didn't have a clue!

bunyip
22-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Do make (like totally) sure she understands that she (like) pays you, then (like) HMRC pay her the Tax Credits (like, y'know) later.

Too many (like) new clients think (OMG) that HMRC will (like) pay you the TC's (like) direct, so she just (y'know) deducts that amount from (like) your bill (like) and (like) pays you the balance (y'know.)

Or she may (like) feel she doesn't have to (like, y'know) pay you anything (like) until (y'know) she's received the (like) TC money.

There might be more information on the (like) Childcare Trust website too (y'know).

I hope this like totally goes well for you and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not ends up as a like mess - true. :cool:

Rick
22-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Do make (like totally) sure she understands that she (like) pays you, then (like) HMRC pay her the Tax Credits (like, y'know) later.

Too many (like) new clients think (OMG) that HMRC will (like) pay you the TC's (like) direct, so she just (y'know) deducts that amount from (like) your bill (like) and (like) pays you the balance (y'know.)

Or she may (like) feel she doesn't have to (like, y'know) pay you anything (like) until (y'know) she's received the (like) TC money.

There might be more information on the (like) Childcare Trust website too (y'know).

I hope this like totally goes well for you and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not ends up as a like mess - true. :cool:

That's like funny innit......

sprinkles
22-07-2013, 04:58 PM
That's like funny innit......

That's like just so funny....innit :D

That is actually what she was like though haha!! Yeah, like, 'ma' mother in law says I can work in the shop, like, if I can get someone to look after 'ma' daughter, like!

QualityCare
22-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Hope it does work out for her and you both she and the baby deserve a good start.

hectors house
22-07-2013, 05:20 PM
If I remember correctly from ICP training - you can't get anyone under 18 to sign the contract, I know it seems stupid that this girl is old enough to be a parent but she isn't legally an adult and so can't be asked to sign. I suppose it's the same as my daughter's contract phone having to me in my name as she was only 17. When I worked in a FE college there was a girl with a baby doing a course, she lived with her partner - but when they went on a trip she had to get an "adult" to sign her consent form!

sprinkles
24-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Well she hasn't bothered to come back to me so I sent her a text earlier saying I have had another enquiry and if I don't hear from her today I will assume she doesn't want the space.

Can't be doing with people who don't get back to you. She was desperate enough to speak to me in the first place!!

Koala
24-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Well she hasn't bothered to come back to me so I sent her a text earlier saying I have had another enquiry and if I don't hear from her today I will assume she doesn't want the space.

Can't be doing with people who don't get back to you. She was desperate enough to speak to me in the first place!!

Probably just as well, innit like.

sprinkles
24-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Probably just as well, innit like.

Like totally, like!!!