PDA

View Full Version : Confused??!!

mindermummy
09-07-2008, 02:39 PM
i sent off the form for my husband to become my assistant (basically to stay with mindees and my child whilst i do school pick ups, or for him to drop them at school himself).

I had a letter back fro ofsted saying that he has been appoved.

Well what confusing is that a friend applied at the same time and has been asked to do another CRB check for her husband(where as my husband didnt need to??!).

Now im confused as to should they be having another CRB or not???

Mrs.L.C
09-07-2008, 02:46 PM
mmm. I know my husbands says assistant on his CRB but we asked for him to be an assistant before doing his first CRB but all I can say is his CRB needs to say assistant

sarah707
09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
They pick some to re-do and some they don't ... you're just lucky no delays.

Don't worry! :D

Mollymop
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Maybe your friends hubby had his first CRB check done quite a while ago and they need to recheck it?

angeldelight
09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Could be all sorts of reasons why

Glad yours is sorted

Angel xx

miss mopple
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
My DH didnt have to have one.

I just mentioned to my inspector that I was thinking of registering him and she did it there and then, no paperwork or anything :thumbsup:

mindermummy
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks all.

Seems like the letter he got is ok then.

So with our husbands being assistants; have i got htis correct;
i can go drop and pick up kids and leave other mindees with him then.(with written permission of course from all parents concerned)

And can he take them to pre school for me???

mindermummy
10-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Also...how do you all add those pictures??

Pauline
10-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks all.

Seems like the letter he got is ok then.

So with our husbands being assistants; have i got htis correct;
i can go drop and pick up kids and leave other mindees with him then.(with written permission of course from all parents concerned)

And can he take them to pre school for me???

I depends what it says on your certificate, it will say something along the lines of "at times agreed in writing with parents may have sole care of children"

Pauline
10-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Also...how do you all add those pictures??

what pictures??

mindermummy
10-07-2008, 03:17 PM
The picture with "talk to the paw" in your bit.:)
In the square.

I was told by ofsted my certifiacte stays the same and will not need to be changed, with his details on????!!!!! So its sayes nothing about him????

:(

Pauline
10-07-2008, 04:02 PM
The picture with "talk to the paw" in your bit.:)
In the square.

I was told by ofsted my certifiacte stays the same and will not need to be changed, with his details on????!!!!! So its sayes nothing about him????

:(

That's an avatar, you need to be an 'amber' member (username coloured amber) to be able to add them. See the member information section for full details.:)

As regards you certificate: To be on the safe side I would phone Ofsted and just check that you are allowed to leave him in sole care of the children.

I was sent a whole new certificate with the number of extra children we could have when working together and that Graham could have sole care with parents permission.