PDA

View Full Version : OMG I do not believe what parent did...

donnagwynne
09-07-2008, 01:24 PM
....she has just picked up lo from my house, and put her into the front passenger seat of the car, with a normal seat belt on.

She has a perfectly good car seat strapped securely into the back seat. I know that she only has a few streets to drive but..............OMG

Is it just me or does anyone else find this irresponsible???????

SHE IS 18 MONTHS OLD:eek:

charleyfarley
09-07-2008, 01:30 PM
My parents did this the other week and only told me afterwards, I was astonished.:eek:

The car seat wasn't fastened and dad couldn't do it for some reason so just put on the normal seat with seatbelt on, worse still it's a works van.

Why didn't he come and ask me to fit it?

People really amaze me, I see it all the time at the school, even children not having a seatbelt at all let alone a car seat:panic:

Carol xx

flora
09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
As I 've previously posted. One of mine does this ALL the time.

She drives a taxi so the lo goes in the front and her brother in the back, both using just the adult seatbelt. And the other set, have seats in the back and don't use them :panic:

I have tried saying something,but at the end of the day it is up to her :(

sarah707
09-07-2008, 01:36 PM
How totally irresponsible :mad:

Lisa-4boys
09-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes this really does get my pip!
Even our dog (R.i.p) wore his seat belt!

Bet if you did this with there lo they would be outraged!!

LOOPYLISA
09-07-2008, 01:39 PM
My sil came to pick up my neice last week shes a taxi driver, she only went and put her on the pull down rest bit in the back! her reason was she came straight from a job and didnt have time to get her car with the seat in it !

shes 20 mths:angry:

wendywu
09-07-2008, 01:42 PM
This is breaking the law though:eek:

Rubybubbles
09-07-2008, 01:46 PM
:angry: this is something that truely grates me big time, how would she forgive herself if anything god forbid happened:(

LOOPYLISA
09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
This is breaking the law though:eek:

I know it makes me so mad:angry:

Pipsqueak
09-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I would get some information - relating of course to your current/up and coming car and road safety theme - and give out some leaflets to parents about in car safety

http://roadsafetyweek.org.uk/index.php?p=311

http://www.hampshire.gov.uk/shop/product.php?productid=16338&cat=273&page=1&js=n

http://www.aap.org/family/carseatguide.htm

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/

Do some printing and give 'em some statistics along with it!!! And smile sweetly:D

foxy lady
09-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I would get some information - relating of course to your current/up and coming car and road safety theme - and give out some leaflets to parents about in car safety

http://roadsafetyweek.org.uk/index.php?p=311

http://www.hampshire.gov.uk/shop/product.php?productid=16338&cat=273&page=1&js=n

http://www.aap.org/family/carseatguide.htm

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/

Do some printing and give 'em some statistics along with it!!! And smile sweetly:D

yey this is a really good idea do this :laughing:

Annie_T
09-07-2008, 03:19 PM
omg thtas against the law .. if she was seen by police she would be pulled over told off and fined .. points are possible too

doesnt matter how far she has or not - she could crash - poor ickle one

i agree with you hun grrr some ppl x

Mollymop
09-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Gosh how bad is that! Makes me feel worried!

katickles
09-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I can't understand some parents :angry:

donnagwynne
09-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Yet she must know all of this, she has perfectly good car seats on the back seat!!!!!!

Donna

manjay
09-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes it is a pain strapping kid in their car seats but it has to be done.

I have to say tho I remember when I was a kid and I sat in the boot (we did have an estate). But you didn't need to wear a seatbelt in those days. OMG I am old.

My mindees think it is a real treat to sit in the "boot". Last night one of them shouted at the top of his voice "Amanda are you going to put me in the boot tonight?" I got some really strange looks at school. they obviously thought this poor child was going to be bundled into the boot of a normal car and not sat in luxury in one of the rear seats of my Galaxy:D

Not using car seats makes me soooo cross. Tonight dh called at school to pick us up after I had walked in the rain. Typical man had not put the correct car seats in so me and mindees walked. I also hate to see loads of children packed into the back of a car just because their mums are too lazy to walk the 10 mins or so home from school:angry:

yummymummy
09-07-2008, 04:11 PM
If we were to do this and the parent found out can you imagine what they would say/do?
I cannot believe that anybody would do something as irresponsible as this. Another thing that really makes me cross is when people let children seatbelt share in cars, do they not realise the consequences if there was an accident never mind the insurance being invalidated.:angry:

emler
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
OMG that reallt makes me mad :angry: Its complete laziness on the parents part.

lolatallulah
09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
It's not until you begin looking after other peoples children that you realize how slapdash some people are about their kids.
Some of the parents of the children i have minded over the years, who i get on great with and are perfectly respectable people, have left me astonished at times.
C/minding really opens your eyes to just how different our values can be!

miss muffit
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I have one of my parents that let the little girl whos just 5 sit in the front of

the car without putting a seat belt on her, it makes me :angry:

but, what can you do, its their child

Donkey
surely thats child endangerment?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

I think maybe time to whip up a new transporting child to and from childminders safely policy....

maybe something about safeguarding and that its your duty to report possible signs of child neglect and endangerment and that all children that arrive/go in a car must be in age appropriate car seats???

can we do that??

littletreasures
It makes me so cross when I see kids jumping about on the back seat of the car in front. The parents putting their child's life at risk just to avoid a tantrum or just can't be bothered.

littletreasures

polobear1970
OMG,

When you think about the things we have to through to become childminders and yet it seams anyone can be a mum or dad, its hard to believe that child are the most prized procession :panic:

Lisa

fishbones1
09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I can't believe they do this with children so young, you can understand with an older child who may not have booster seat but babies!!! that gets my goat. I can't believe people can be so irrisponsible to save time rather than a life!:angry:

angeldelight
09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
It does not surprise me I see so many parents do this and it really annoys me

Angel xx

Minstrel
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
i bet shes the type to leave her child vunerable (sp) but take her handbag with her....

Rach30
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Phone the police . Seriously , i would. Give them the registration number and tell them they do this regularly. Dont know if they could do anything but its worth ago , plus they wouldn't know it was you who told , could have been anyone ! At the end of the day it is[I]against the law and it [I]isputting the child in danger.

That reminds me , theres a family up at the school on the lunch time scholl run who always do this. Hmmmm must take my note book tomorrow to recor dthe number............hahahaahaha.:thumbsup:

miss muffit
09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
inspector Rach :laughing: :laughing:

Rach30
09-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Ha ha ha i know !

But if they had an accident and the child died cos i didn't have a seat belt on but i knew they didn't wear one.............;) .

ChocolateChip
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
A parent at school who I was chatting to in the playground one day said that her child had had a tantrum and wouldn't 'let' her buckle him in, so she drove up the road slamming the brakes on every few feet so the kid would bang his head on the back of the seat! What does go through some people's minds!:eek:

Having said that my oh was going to fit my nearly 2yo into a shell seat without a 5point harness last month because he couldn't be bothered to change it, I had a job to try and tell him it was against the law, can't believe he was going to do that considering my job! :angry: