PDA

View Full Version : Children at full time school and fees to charge

maryg
21-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi again

I just posted a thread about what to charge and what to include in charges but I also need to know from you helpful people, how do I charge for a 5 year old who I may have 1 hour before school and say 3 hours after school, would it be just 4 hours and if so would it be the same rate as younger children? OR do you charge for the time they are at school as well :panic:

Also what do we charge for the over 8 maybe to look after before and after school?

Also how do parents pay us, is there a banking system we can use, do they pay cash and how much deposit do we take?

thanks again

Mrsh3103
21-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi.

It's your business so do it how ever you want. There's no right or wrong way, it's down to how you want thins done.
I charge a slightly higher rate for school children, only by 50p an hour. I don't charge while they're at school as I could easily fill this space & they don't come into the ey numbers anyway.

I have a couple of parents who pay me cash, some do direct bank transfers & another who does a bit of both. I get paid at different times of the month by each family.
Hth

Mrsh3103
21-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I charge over 8's at the same rate as understand, again your choice what you want to charge.

With deposits I have some who I've charged 2 weeks fees which will come off the 1st months fees. Another family didn't pay a deposit, they pay in advance & lo started immediately. And another family who have paid a months fees which will come off their final bill.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I set a morning rate for before school and after school rate. I found that if I did hourly after school then parents could pick up an hour after school and pay me £4 which I didn't consider worth it. Now I charge 3.20 - 6pm and if they collect early then that is fine but I still get paid the same

tulip0803
21-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I charge the same hourly rate as I do for preschool children but I have a minimum of 2 hours a day after school. So in your scenario I would charge for 4 hours at my standard rate every booked day during term time then during school holidays I would charge the full day.

With school age children I don't charge when they are at school as they are not taking up a pre-school place. However if they were younger and were at nursery then I would charge for the 2-3 hours that they were at nursery as they are paying for a pre-school place. IYSWIM