PDA

View Full Version : What to include for fees parent pay

maryg
21-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi again everyone,

I am trying to figure out what to charge, my area seems to range from 3.75 - 4.50.

Do I charge extra for nappies, wipes, baby food etc?

Do I charge extra for meals and is it per meal or per day?

Do I charge for outtings?

Do we get any holiday pay from parents?

Baffled any help would be hugely appreciated :blush:

Thanks

Rick
21-07-2013, 02:22 PM
I personally charge £4.50 but as you say it depends on your area.

I ask that parents provide nappies, wipes and lotions/potions etc.

I don't charge for meals but you are within your right to do so.

I ask for a contribution for more expensive outings otherwise I won't earn any money!

I personally charge parents for their holiday but not for mine.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Mrsh3103
21-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I charge if I'm available to work even if they don't bring the child due to sickness or holiday.

I don't charge if I'm not available to work due to me or my children being sick or my holiday.

tulip0803
21-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi again everyone,

I am trying to figure out what to charge, my area seems to range from 3.75 - 4.50. See what other childminders include for the price they charge. My area is £3.50 per hour and that seems to be what everyone is charging.

Do I charge extra for nappies, wipes, baby food etc?I ask parents to provide all these.

Do I charge extra for meals and is it per meal or per day?Childminders in my area seam to charge between £1.50 and £2.50 for a cooked meal, pudding and snacks. I previously included it in my fees but ended up with all parents sending packed lunches anyway:rolleyes:. Perhaps a comment on my cooking:blush:. At the moment all mine bring a packed lunch but I provide snacks and drinks

Do I charge for outtings?I cover most outings but if I went somewhere big I would ask for a contributuion. Some parents offer anyway.

Do we get any holiday pay from parents?Depends on how you want to run your business. I charge for only days that I am open whether or not the child attends (sick days/occasional days off etc). I do not charge for my time off. Other childminders charge for some or all holiday time off and that of the children others do 1/2 and 1/2.

Baffled any help would be hugely appreciated :blush:

Thanks

It can be very difficult to work it all out in the beginning:thumbsup: