PDA

View Full Version : Got parent coming on Monday

son77
09-07-2008, 01:08 PM
but it's only for a thurs pm, approx 4 hours.

Dont know the full story yet but it's while mum is on a course.

I dont mind doing these few hours but should I pre warn her that if someone else comes along & requires more hours, so financially better for me, that I will have to let her child go?

Also, it's to start in Sept, would you ask for a non refundable deposit? If so, how much? Or tell her to risk leaving it until closer to time incase I get another (better) enquiry?

hbomb1
09-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I have got a LO starting in September and I asked for a deposit which is then deducted from the first month's fees.

Be sure you want to take on such small hours. I have just given notice today on LO who I have for 2 hours per day Mon-Thurs, as I realised it wasn't worth it. He only started with me in May and parent is not happy at me taking it on in the first place.

charleyfarley
09-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I have a new one starting in September and asked for 2 weeks fees as deposit which will be taken off first months fees.

I'd also think about it before you take little one on as I had 3 1/4 hour a week contract and they messed me about, even cutting the hours to 15 mins a week. Yes I gave notice but they weren't impressed.

Good luck for Monday

Carol xx

ChocolateChip
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Have you set a minimum hours policy?
A lot of people do this for various reasons, i.e short hours make it difficult to bond with/ settle the child, not worth the hassle and paperwork for little financial gain, etc, might be worth you doing this.
Also do you know how long the course is (some are 3 yrs), does she want term time only, does she get help with childcare through tax credits or college, and if so what are they prepared to pay for.
You might want to charge a higher rate for such a short time.
Sorry if that sounds like putting a spanner in the works, just want you to be happy that you've considered everything and don't regret it later.

Good luck for Monday! :thumbsup:

sarah707
11-07-2008, 06:43 AM
I am about to write a 'minimum hours' clause into my policies, like Chocolate chip, to come online in September for all newbies.

This will mean I at least get something back when I have part-timers and have to implement eyfs. :D

angeldelight
11-07-2008, 06:51 AM
I have had a 'minimum hours' clause for the last 18mths and it is the best thing that I ever did - I know a lot of the girls did the same here when I told them about it and they found it worked for them too

Personally I just would not do 4 hours a week

Good luck for Monday hope it works out for you

Angel xx