PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Cover

maryg
20-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi

I am in the process of becoming a registered childminder and am a little worried as I do not know many people where I live nor do I know any other childminders! What do I do if there is an emergency?

FussyElmo
20-07-2013, 08:48 PM
In a true emergency husband, partner, next door neighbour, third cousin 3 times removed :D

Anyone who is available at the time :thumbsup:

Mrsh3103
20-07-2013, 08:51 PM
The woman who did my pre reg training used to be a childminder. She said that there was one day she had an emergency, had to take a mindee to hospital. She hasn't got anyone near by to have kids, ended up taking them to the local school & the head teacher looked after them in the school office.
In a genuine emergency as long as you trust the person & the parents know where to collect from it doesn't matter who looks after them x

Kiddleywinks
20-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Also, if you are attending a course with other pre reg minders, I'm sure you can 'buddy up' with someone in the same position :thumbsup:

Sadly none of my fellow attendees were in my area, but the next course had and my DO put us in touch with each other so we're both sorted now :thumbsup:

maryg
21-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks everyone took me a while to find my question and replies!!! Feel much better now knowing what to do!! :)