PDA

View Full Version : Other settings

MaffAnna
20-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been asked to care for and almost 5y/o all day Saturday. He attends a nursery three days a week at the moment. Are there different paperwork requirements when an early years child attend another setting for the majority of the time? I thought I'd read that somewhere, but after going through the EYFS I can't seem to see it.

Any thoughts?

MessybutHappy
21-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Only that the setting with most care does the two year check.

Will you have the child regularly?

Once you're done all your contracts and registration documents, I'd just keep some small obs on the child.

rickysmiths
21-07-2013, 08:30 AM
You do not need to do any obs or EYFS on a 5yr old who attends another setting more than you. They do all the EYFS for them.

For one day, especially at a weekend I would keep a scrap book, take lots of photos to put in so the parents and the child have a record of the time with you. You can also stick in any work they do. Paintings, colouring etc and you could stick in any collections like leaves etc that are made. Laminate them first so they are preserved.

MaffAnna
21-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the advice. That's more or less what I was thinking Ricky :). Not sure if I want to take it on but if needs must.:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
21-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I know what you mean. I had a baby on a Saturday and Sunday for a few months last year, it nearly killed me but it kept the wolves from the door for a difficult time.