PDA

View Full Version : planning tools /activity ideas - books? apps? Online systems?

Bluebell
20-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi I am looking for an online tool or app or really decent comprehensive book that will give me lots and lots of different activity suggestions - really original ones (I'm ok with craft activities) like messy play or investigations.

I would like to be able to see activities and see all the different aspects of development matters - each indicator and each age range that it may be related to. I know that obviously it depends how the activity goes and how each child reacts but think this would be a really useful planning tool for me.

I am really good at planning activities that are for fun or to engage interest and then observing what i see and drawing out the development matters but this often leads to gaps in the areas of learning because i am not specifically planning for the different areas. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

SammySplodger
21-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I use a combination of different things - Toucan Learn and Imagination Tree on Pinterest are my favourites online and I have several books.

I have never found a definitive book or just one online source.

Bluebell
21-07-2013, 04:37 PM
thank you - I've seen an online subscription package for EYFS observations, invoicing, etc but it has what looks to be a really good resource for amazing activities broken down to possible links that can be made for each age range and different aspects. Just thought it would be amazing resource and really liked the way it was done, but I'm not interested in the online observations or admin side of it so can't justify the huge expense!!
I've signed up for a free site that is good but is just for the EYFS obs. will have to see how it goes!

Rubybubbles
21-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I use Pinterest a lot. Imagination tree link to EYFS at the bottom of her activities x

Bluebell
21-07-2013, 07:42 PM
ooh thanks!